Author Topic: DTUK Pedal Box  (Read 12596 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: DTUK Pedal Box
« Reply #10 on: 03 September 2017, 11:43 »
I've got round to buying a pedalbox after months of thinking about it and fitted it today.  Really easy install, 10 min job.  Couple of drives later, the only regret is taking so long to buy it!  I've owned my PP for 11 months and loved it, but there have been too many times where you push the throttle and think 'where's the power?'.

Left it on city +2 for now as I do a lot of short run commutes and that feels a good fit.  Popped it into sport once and oompf, there's the power on tap.

If you're thinking about it, do it.

Now if I could just sort out the rattles  :rolleyes:

I used a roll of this Anti Squeak Anti Rattle Self Adhesive Felt Tape 50mm X 3M https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ULXT84U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZR9Qzb79R1EX6

Got rid of them in about 5 hours.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 03 September 2017, 11:54 »
hi fellow gti'ers :)  does this peddal box stop the dead pedal we sometimes get on the dsg?  personally i find it quite dangerous sometimes when this happens and tbh i can't believe they even have it within the code ..
« Last Edit: 03 September 2017, 12:14 by maxie »

Offline TweedsideR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 03 September 2017, 12:21 »
hi fellow gti'ers :)  does this peddal box stop the dead pedal we sometimes get on the dsg?  personally i find it quite dangerous sometimes when this happens and tbh i can't believe they even have it within the code ..

It doesn't stop it entirely. If I get the "dead pedal" effect I quickly lift my foot off the accelerator and push it down again. It seems to force the computer to reset and go again.

There's a really good explanation of how the DSG box "thinks" here: http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/11881-understanding-and-using-your-dsg-box/

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 03 September 2017, 16:47 »

It doesn't stop it entirely. If I get the "dead pedal" effect I quickly lift my foot off the accelerator and push it down again. It seems to force the computer to reset and go again.

There's a really good explanation of how the DSG box "thinks" here: http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/11881-understanding-and-using-your-dsg-box/

thanks i've had a read but mine's happening in auto even when the gears allready set.. maybe it is because i use a hand brake thus there's not enough time between brake/acc?  i must admit it's crazy sometimes seeing cars comming at you on roundabouts while it figures out what to do.. lifting and pressing the acc helps 99% of the time but when it doesn't omg :) 

mine's a mk5 atm so i'm hoping the 7.5 will be better :)
« Last Edit: 03 September 2017, 16:49 by maxie »

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 05 September 2017, 21:26 »
I'm still tempted but haven't taken the plunge yet. Is there any need to wait for the engine to be run in??
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 05 September 2017, 21:28 »
I'm still tempted but haven't taken the plunge yet. Is there any need to wait for the engine to be run in??

No. Take the plunge.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 05 September 2017, 21:44 »
Go for it, it makes the car come alive!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 05 September 2017, 23:56 »

I have today  :rolleyes: so that's me heading to the scene of an accident  :whistle:. I may just keep it in the box and resist it. But then maybe ? So no Doc Martins just plimsoles !
Did we have a conclusion on removing it before every service, and still being detectable ?
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #18 on: 06 September 2017, 09:44 »
Pedal boxes aren't a problem with VW warranty and would be undetectable by the VW diagnostics systems anyway.

Most people just switch them off before sending it to the garage... most usually because it stops the mechanics sticking it through a hedge.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 06 September 2017, 10:01 »

I have today  :rolleyes: so that's me heading to the scene of an accident  :whistle:. I may just keep it in the box and resist it. But then maybe ? So no Doc Martins just plimsoles !
Did we have a conclusion on removing it before every service, and still being detectable ?

Excellent, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. To avoid hedges, walls and other road users, I'd advise building up through the settings as "take-off" can be rather vigorous (even in a GTI) until you learn not to put your foot down so hard!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.