Author Topic: DTUK Pedal Box  (Read 12594 times)

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
DTUK Pedal Box
« on: 30 August 2017, 11:08 »
Hi all. My father bought me a DTUK pedal box for my car last week and such a difference it has made. I already have the tuning box, (map 2 +3) which I find very impressive in both power delivery and smoothness, but the pedal box has helped with response no end. It was very easy to fit, and I currently have it on sport 1, which I find to be just right. I had tried it on sport +, and whilst the response is even sharper, I find it perhaps a little too much for daily driving.
My last car was an astra j vxr, and whilst I find the golf better in all regards, the vxr button on the astra did sharpen it up more than sport more on the golf. With the addition of the pedal box this is no longer the case, and I find the car more pleasant to drive normally and more fun to drive quickly. I definitely recommend one.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: DTUK Pedal Box
« Reply #1 on: 30 August 2017, 12:43 »
Pleased with mine too and I have it on the same setting as you - sport+ was just too lively. What setting do you have the car on? In likely traction issues I have it on normal and otherwise in individual with all on sport except for steering, just tweeks the response nicely :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 30 August 2017, 12:45 »
I usually drive in normal mode, but change to sport on fun roads. I used to have it in eco for regular driving, but found that it choked the car too much and made no difference to fuel economy.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2017, 12:54 »
Eco is nonsense, I've tried it once on a long motorway run and as you've found, economy the same and it wouldn't pick up properly for overtaking.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2017, 14:18 »
By far the best mod for the mk7 performance golf.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2017, 16:47 »

I wholeheartedly second that  :wink:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 30 August 2017, 16:51 »
If I had to pick between either my pedal box or tuning box I'd pick the pedal box every time.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2017, 23:04 »
Odd, in driving the boss's Mk7 GTI today found throttle response excellent, way better than my R.
Wonder if its a mileage thing but can't be as it's all programmed, it's a 2014 car.
Maybe later cars have been made softer.  Whatever my R needs one, although will have to drive in slippers :grin:
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #8 on: 02 September 2017, 00:36 »

Really! I don't think so...

http://www.revotechnik.com/
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline GTIjay

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 03 September 2017, 00:01 »
I've got round to buying a pedalbox after months of thinking about it and fitted it today.  Really easy install, 10 min job.  Couple of drives later, the only regret is taking so long to buy it!  I've owned my PP for 11 months and loved it, but there have been too many times where you push the throttle and think 'where's the power?'.

Left it on city +2 for now as I do a lot of short run commutes and that feels a good fit.  Popped it into sport once and oompf, there's the power on tap.

If you're thinking about it, do it.

Now if I could just sort out the rattles  :rolleyes:
2014 DSG GTI PP Tungsten Silver