Author Topic: insurance  (Read 1981 times)

Offline moutains

• GTI forum regular
insurance
« on: 07 March 2010, 18:24 »
had a pop up from greenlight insurance today says they cover modded cars sent for quote for blue finned mk5 gti they wont quote because im unemployed. i sent them an e mail stating  i fel discriminated against as i am unempolyed due to ill health. awating reply. Kevin

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
Re: insurance
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2010, 18:34 »
had a pop up from greenlight insurance today says they cover modded cars sent for quote for blue finned mk5 gti they wont quote because im unemployed. i sent them an e mail stating  i fel discriminated against as i am unempolyed due to ill health. awating reply. Kevin

unemployed and therefore cant guarentee the payments for the insurance probably being the reasoning.

probalby quite justified from their point of view really?
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2010, 19:18 »

unemployed and therefore cant guarentee the payments for the insurance probably being the reasoning.

probalby quite justified from their point of view really?

+1 as above to be honest, looking at from the insurance companies viewpoint.

Offline moutains

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2010, 20:47 »
all they have to do is ask to pay in one lump or do a credit check. but ill take my business elsewhere. kevin

Offline ifti

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2010, 14:18 »
I would have thought in such a situation they would remove the option to pay monthly, and only insure you if you pay up front?! Seems silly to let a customer slip though, even if he/she could have paid up front!

Try contacting them and stating you will be paying for the insurance in one go, and see what they say.....

Offline moutains

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2010, 19:23 »
ive been told swinton do modified cover ill give them a try when i get the blue fin. kevin