Author Topic: Bucket seat fitting..  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Paul86S2

• I live here
Re: Bucket seat fitting..
« Reply #10 on: 18 April 2008, 16:13 »
thread hijack - sorry!!!

I am just ordering some race land buckets with 'model specific' subframes... excuse my ignorance does this mean I just bolt the seat to the subframe and the insert the seat in the same way I would a standard seat? ie...in the original runners and middle clip at the front...

mk3 btw...
Yep you've got the idea, thats how it should fit. Should be similar to Lewis's photo.

Mystic blue is the fastest colour for a Mk3 trackcar (just my opinion)

Lose the aircon - 13.5 kilos on the front of the car, not including the evaporator in the dash. I only junked mine when I split a pipe putting a new radiator in, otherwise I would have kept it until it needed a re-gass. Was handy at Castle Combe last year when your sat in the car for 15 minutes plus waiting for your session, and they make you keep your helmet etc on whilst waiting.

Paul

Offline mark3valver

• Here all the time
Re: Bucket seat fitting..
« Reply #11 on: 18 April 2008, 16:18 »
well mine will be for either track days or driving holidays hopefully in the south of france etc so air con will be too handy.

Once I have done a few track days I will probably catch the bug and start ripping everything out lol....

got a fairly cheap deal on some alcantara wannabe's, raceland buckets off ebay with subframes for £210  delivered..

want a pair of raceland buckets with model specific subframes for £150 delivered? go here

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=83910.0