Author Topic: First service due on my GTD  (Read 10197 times)

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
Re: First service due on my GTD
« Reply #30 on: 13 November 2011, 19:54 »
my vw dealership sells VWR remaps anyway so they can't really argue against remaps etc

Well it appears that if these aspects of the engine and drivetrain upgrade are connected to a warranty claim these aren't covered by VW warranty VWR Frequently Asked Questions plus they don't do anything for TDI's.

The VWR site shows a Stage 1 map for both 140 and 170 Mk6 TDIs.
sssh; it's 'only a diesel'; but i love it!

MK6 GT140 TDi; DBP; Vancouvers; RNS510-D; Convenience pack; Storage pack; Philips Extreme Vision dipped bulbs; blue vision sidelights; red footwell lights; Yeti tips; GTD pedals; GTD gear lever; 'R' mats; RVC; Premium Bluetooth and some TLC.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #31 on: 13 November 2011, 20:43 »

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 14 November 2011, 02:14 »
The VWR site shows a Stage 1 map for both 140 and 170 Mk6 TDIs.

Can you post the link you found because I searched and it talks about 140 & 170 but the link goes back to same same on everytime with no details?

http://www.volkswagenracing.co.uk/Golf%206%20Pages/Golf%206%20PowerUpgrades.html
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline dieseldunc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 14 November 2011, 07:10 »

See the table at the bottom of that page for power upgrades as follows:

For all of our GTI race cars, this Stage 1 upgrade is what we use on track - with that plus Warranty cover, what better reassurance could you ask for?

Stage 1 Upgrade    1.4 TSI 160 ps     2.0 TDI 140 ps     2.0 GTD 170 ps     2.0 TSI GTI     2.0 TSI  R
Original PS    160    140    170    210    270
Uprated VWR PS     195    175    195    250    300
     £1,500*    £1,500*    £1,500    £1,600    £1,800
Cost, fully fitted,
Inclusive of VAT.
including VWR rear exhaust, VWR performance filter and VWR Warranty Cover

Please contact us for 'Supply Only' of the above.  Of course, if you are interested in a remap alone for the above cars, we can provide these for £599 installed.  Please contact us to discuss.
sssh; it's 'only a diesel'; but i love it!

MK6 GT140 TDi; DBP; Vancouvers; RNS510-D; Convenience pack; Storage pack; Philips Extreme Vision dipped bulbs; blue vision sidelights; red footwell lights; Yeti tips; GTD pedals; GTD gear lever; 'R' mats; RVC; Premium Bluetooth and some TLC.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 14 November 2011, 09:47 »
pullman do vwr parts and this is on their website

Is the manufacturer's warranty affected?
Yes it is affected, which is why each VWR Upgrade Package includes additional warranty coverage. The VWR Upgrade Warranty covers only those aspects of the engine and drivetrain that can be proved to be affected by the fitment of the upgrade package. All other aspects of the vehicle's standard Volkswagen warranty are unaffected.

The VWR Upgrade Package supplementary warranty will exactly reflect the duration of the Volkswagen warranty supplied with the car, consisting of a two-year/unlimited mileage manufacturer's warranty and a third year warranty with a 60,000 miles limitation. Full details of the warranty coverage is provided in the warranty booklet, and will be supplied with each VWR Upgrade Package.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 14 November 2011, 10:37 »
Sorry dieseldunc I don't know why I didn't see that table.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #36 on: 14 November 2011, 13:25 »

There haven a laugh with them prices  :rolleyes:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Jimmymature

« Reply #37 on: 14 November 2011, 14:09 »

There haven a laugh with them prices  :rolleyes:

Their Stage 1 for the GTI consists of a rebranded Pipercorss Panel filter, Rebranded Milltek Cat-back exhaust and a rebranded Revo map!!!

Certainly buying the three things separately would be quite a bit cheaper....

Jim

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 14 November 2011, 14:36 »
yeah i spoke to them and for the filter it was about £90 or something! i paid £30 for my pipercross. the milltek was about £800 and their rem pap was over £600 or if you buy the 3 together its about £1500 fitted.

much cheaper to source the parts yourself.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Jimmymature

« Reply #39 on: 14 November 2011, 17:47 »
yeah i spoke to them and for the filter it was about £90 or something! i paid £30 for my pipercross. the milltek was about £800 and their rem pap was over £600 or if you buy the 3 together its about £1500 fitted.

much cheaper to source the parts yourself.

Apparently the map is their specification and not a generic Revo map, also the Millteks look nice with VWR stamped on the back, I really did toy with the idea of getting the VWR Stage 1 a while back.

They said they'd knock some money off if I didn't want the warranty!!!!!

Jim