Author Topic: Software issues  (Read 18237 times)

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
Re: Software issues
« Reply #80 on: 28 February 2021, 16:48 »
After reading this thread, I have e-mailed my dealer to get him to check with the techs tomorrow and make sure mine has the latest version before I pick it up on Tuesday.  Hopefully tomorrow likely being a busy day for them doesn't mean it just gets dismissed, if it hasn't already been brought up-to-date.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #81 on: 28 February 2021, 17:46 »
The main issue is the steering wheel... And as far as I know its not a recall item.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline ClubsportMk8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #82 on: 01 March 2021, 11:26 »
My Clubsport went back to the dealers for updates twice. When the third round of faults occurred I rejected it. The dealer was clearly aware of the issues but didn’t offer the new steering wheel. They took it straight back.

The car itself was fantastic, all you could ever want in a daily driver. The quality control/ testing leaves much to be desired.
Gone: Mk8 GTI Clubsport
Gone: Audi A8
Gone: Mini JCW
Gone: BMW X4M competition
Gone: Porsche 718 Boxster S
Gone: BMW M4 competition

Offline Tricky tree

• Not said much yet
  • Golf Gti DSG, dolphin grey.
« Reply #83 on: 01 March 2021, 12:12 »
Mine has had a new steering wheel since February 6th. Same day after picking it up the usual error messages about travel assist and hazard warning restricted together with the yellow warning triangle appeared and promptly disappeared. Since then its happened twice more and the parking sensors have also been disabled on one occasion. Same as usual, messages pop up as and when and always clear when you restart the car. It seems that the steering wheel fix is far from effective. Interestingly, I see that the id3 is now subject to a “voluntary” software recall to fix a whole raft of issues. It’s going to take 2 days, according to VW and dealers are offering courtesy cars. From personal experience these are in short supply anyway with the Golf’s ongoing problems. I can’t decide what to do for the best. Clearly, VW don’t have any effective fixes at the moment. Maybe eventually they’ll get a grip. Such a shame, as I really like the car mine is trying to be.

Offline Tricky tree

• Not said much yet
  • Golf Gti DSG, dolphin grey.
« Reply #84 on: 01 March 2021, 16:22 »
Just been out. Drive to destination fine. Got back in the car after an hour, started up and 2 error messages, yellow warning triangle and parking sensors offline. Thinking I may need to get rid now.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #85 on: 01 March 2021, 18:38 »
So far the only things I'm seeing are that the MIB unit takes a long old time to boot up when you turn her on and some sort of message about one of the assist systems (front assisted restricted?) not working...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #86 on: 01 March 2021, 20:02 »
With a 8R on orders it’s very worrying to read this thread and still seeing VW churning out cars that aren’t for for purpose, and even with the ridiculously long wait times that can’t get it right either

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #87 on: 02 March 2021, 13:44 »
My Clubsport went back to the dealers for updates twice. When the third round of faults occurred I rejected it. The dealer was clearly aware of the issues but didn’t offer the new steering wheel. They took it straight back.

The car itself was fantastic, all you could ever want in a daily driver. The quality control/ testing leaves much to be desired.

Is there a set time period where you can reject the car?
Mine now has increasingly more front assist errors. I’ve yet to phone VW about it as I don’t have time to get it down to VW but I’m not going to (willingly) spend four years in a badly designed car when VW has no excuses bearing in mind it’s based on an almost ten year old chassis design and costs a bloody fortune now.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #88 on: 02 March 2021, 13:51 »
I had a drive this morning where it didn't moan about front assist.

It would be interesting to try and understand exactly what its trying to tell you.

The 128TI I drove btw did similar things.... I want to say its actually the camera part of front assist that is b!tching and I think its probably glare that's doing it, but could be water droplets too. Not sure if the wipers wipe over it.

Mind you, yesterday was dry all day and the car was spanky new from the forecourt, unless they left some polish marks over the camera? I'm going to give it a good going over with a mf cloth.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #89 on: 02 March 2021, 14:05 »
My BMW did it a couple times. It’s bound to happen occasionally.
The Clubby is getting the warnings frequently come up. My TCR had the camera replaced but that car had prolific warning messages flash up. The TCR also had climate screen which would possibly potentially have more issues due to the metallic coating.
It was interesting watching the volkwizard CS pick up vid hearing that familiar bonging from the dash as the error messages flashed up on that car (which will have had a similar build time to mine).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner