Author Topic: Revo Development Car  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
Revo Development Car
« on: 16 March 2021, 13:05 »
Stumbled across this blog from Revo while looking at the upgrades.  Nice read...

https://www.onlyrevo.com/blog/volkswagen-golf-mk8-gti-revo-performance-upgrades/
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Revo Development Car
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2021, 13:50 »
Ohh! Interesting  :cool:
Are you going REVO now?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2021, 18:46 »
Ohh! Interesting  :cool:
Are you going REVO now?

Yeah, the Celtic Tuning E-motion box would have been good if it had worked lol. Revo have same BHP output and a dealer not very far from me and from looking at website and reading lots they have done a lot with Golf’s. Plus getting the SPS switch to change if I want and they will revert back if after two weeks I don’t get on with it. Only live once eh! What the hell lol
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 17 March 2021, 14:39 »
It doesn’t surprise me with the Celtic box of tricks. These newer ECU’s are increasingly hard to tune via ‘on the fly’ type OBD programming modules. One of the reasons I went to add on tuning boxes with my mk7’s which are far from ideal.

You can’t go wrong with REVO. They were amongst the pioneers of OBD tuning for VW group cars and have a worldwide network of testing, tuning and everything that goes with it.
I don’t know if the same guys are behind the company as when I first became familiar with them (a long old time ago now) but amongst them was Mark Yates who had a lot of VW fast road and motorsport tuning pedigree.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner