Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 382889 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1580 on: 10 December 2012, 15:23 »
Lets have some pics of the trim matey  :wink:

Sorry been busy but managed to get some yesterday.

The Google street view is part of the Technology pack

« Last Edit: 10 December 2012, 15:34 by p3asa »
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1581 on: 10 December 2012, 18:16 »
Lets have some pics of the trim matey  :wink:

Sorry been busy but managed to get some yesterday.

The Google street view is part of the Technology pack

Very nice. The interior build quality looks good from the pictures and very well layed out.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1582 on: 10 December 2012, 19:40 »

Know what you mean, I went in looking at Alpina D3's before I got the golf, asked if I could talk with someone and they left me waiting 15 mins, so I walked out.

Shame, my mate has a black one of these and it's a great car :cool:

Google street view s a genius addition to your sat Nav, how we'll does it work?
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1583 on: 10 December 2012, 20:08 »
Its only for when its stationary. I don't know if VIM might change that but unless you had an extremely fast internet connection, I doubt it would be able to update quick enough.

The SIM in the car is a strange one. That then becomes your handsfree which means you would literally have to take the SIM out your phone and stick it in the car.  Ok if you spend most of the day in the car but not really practical.  Ideally a cloned SIM would do the trick or be able to have a data SIM in the car but still allow the bluetooth pairing of your actual phone (this stops when a SIM is in the car)

The only other advantage apart from Audi connect services is it gives the car wifi.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #1584 on: 27 December 2012, 17:24 »
Never thought I say this but, my dad picked up a B Class AMG on Xmas eve for my mum and in the showroom they had an A class 250 Sport. I was really impressed tbh, they've done a great job. A friend of mine is the sales manager there and he's going to keep me appraised with the release of the A45 AMG. But the question is, canister live with two too many doors? With spec it'll be pushing £40k, similar to a well speced mk7 R perhaps?

Jimmymature

« Reply #1585 on: 30 December 2012, 21:30 »
Never thought I say this but, my dad picked up a B Class AMG on Xmas eve for my mum and in the showroom they had an A class 250 Sport. I was really impressed tbh, they've done a great job. A friend of mine is the sales manager there and he's going to keep me appraised with the release of the A45 AMG. But the question is, canister live with two too many doors? With spec it'll be pushing £40k, similar to a well speced mk7 R perhaps?

Sorry but no shopping car is worth £40k, the RS3s of this world are not worth the £40k+ compared what else you can get out there.....

Jim

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #1586 on: 31 December 2012, 09:51 »

Sorry but no shopping car is worth £40k, the RS3s of this world are not worth the £40k+ compared what else you can get out there....
Jim
What Car compared the new A3 2.0 TDi sportsback, Golf TDI, BMW 1 series SE D and Merc A200 CDI. The A3 came first (5 stars) but only just, mainly because it is a 'posh hatchback'.  The golf came second (5 stars)'a softer option than the A3 but runs extreamly close'.  The BM (4 stars) was 'not as practical as its rivals'.  The A200 (2 stars) was 'a long way off the pace'. 
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #1587 on: 31 December 2012, 10:06 »
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1588 on: 31 December 2012, 12:58 »
What do you guys think of the S3?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/s3/60357/audi-s3-revealed
I like the idea and the sound of the engine/chassis but it just looks like every other S3 has and does nothing for me on the looks front.
I also don't like electric handbrakes they cost to much to fix in years to come. £600 the going rate for a renault one for example and they were the first to use them iirc.
I am actually more tempted by the S1 when it comes out.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Jimmymature

« Reply #1589 on: 31 December 2012, 13:09 »
What do you guys think of the S3?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/s3/60357/audi-s3-revealed
I like the idea and the sound of the engine/chassis but it just looks like every other S3 has and does nothing for me on the looks front.
I also don't like electric handbrakes they cost to much to fix in years to come. £600 the going rate for a renault one for example and they were the first to use them iirc.
I am actually more tempted by the S1 when it comes out.

"Pricing is expected to start from around £25,500.........