Author Topic: Meet Daisy…  (Read 11457 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Meet Daisy…
« on: 28 December 2023, 18:09 »
Let me introduce Daisy.
She’s a little white and black moo-cow with a fine set of udders dangling below her nether region

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Meet Daisy…
« Reply #1 on: 28 December 2023, 18:27 »
New year new toy?

Sucker for more mk8 mayhem?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 28 December 2023, 18:29 »
Time to change the signature again. 
7.5 GTD

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2023, 18:54 »
Congratulations on your new arrival :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2023, 18:58 »
Looks 😎
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Tractor Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2023, 20:09 »
Very nice young heffer there  :smiley:

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2023, 20:31 »
Massive congratulations, looks stunning in white. Enjoy.
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2023, 21:24 »
Why no CM Reifnitz?  :grin: very nice.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2023, 22:23 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 28 December 2023, 22:17 »
Very nice.  Courtesy car?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 28 December 2023, 22:46 »
New year new toy?

Sucker for more mk8 mayhem?

A delayed Xmas prezzie as I should’ve picked it up before Xmas but I didn’t for a few reasons (laziness, in denial, still too fond of my Clubby, didn’t want a brand new car getting its insides battered with elderly person shoes and walking sticks whilst playing Xmas taxi role, and also I’d just put £70 of Momentum in the tank that I wanted to run down)

I’m up for a challenge!

Time to change the signature again. 
Good point, I’d better get round to that.

Congratulations on your new arrival :smiley:
Thank you young Peter  :smiley:

Looks 😎
… and thank you too Adam  :smiley:

Very nice young heffer there  :smiley:
Thanks Dave, hopefully she’ll keep my lawn under control, she doesn’t seem keen on munching my dandelions yet though.

Massive congratulations, looks stunning in white. Enjoy.
Thank you Davey  :smiley: I doubt the white will stay white very long this time of year!

Why no CM Reifnitz?  :grin: very nice, health to drive.
Thanks Colin  :smiley:
I’m still aching like mad and walking with a stoop after removing the wheels from the other car. I’ll keep the Reifnitz reps as spares as the tyres are still fairly good on them. It would be sensible to put the CM’s on the new car for a couple months whilst they salt the roads but the wheel changeover today made me realise how decrepit I am and I’m also not sensible.

Very nice.  Courtesy car?
Admittedly, in the past I’ve kept some of my cars for such a short time they could almost have been courtesy cars 😁 but no, I actually ordered this one

For anyone remotely interested in the back story of the car: having had several months of pure hell with the Avon lady bing bonging on my dashboard doorbell, and there being literally not much else of interest to me in the car market I took note of The Doc and Lee evo’s posts warning of the imminent demise of the performance MK8’s from the ordering system back in May.
After much umm-ing and ahh-ing I decided to throw in an order on the very last day. The agreement being that I wasn’t tied in to the car as they’d happily take it into stock.
At some point around then the summer had arrived and the bongs mostly stopped, then the steering wheel replacement arrived and the bing bong’s were no more.
I put the new car order to the back of my mind as PCP deals were pants, wait times were stupid, discounts were negligible and my Clubsport was holding value well.
A visit to VW to look at a car for my sons’s girlfriend led to me seeing an R20Y which was actually offered to me as a better deal than my own ordered car but was rejected as as much as I love the design of the leather seats they’re just not for me. People take ice baths for fun, granted, but I’m a wuss and placing my delicate derrière onto a cold slab of leather at 5am in mid-winter is not something I’m keen on. Been there, done that, didn’t enjoy and ice baths are a definite no no!
Months went by and suddenly an email saying the car had a build slot, then it didn’t and a while later it was confirmed as built and awaiting a ferry. By that time I’d firmly made my mind up the Clubby was staying. I’d owned it the longest I’d ever kept a car (excluding old runabouts as second car workhorses) and sold my second car as I didn’t ever use it because I enjoyed the Clubsport far too much. Very unusually for me I’d become quite attached to it. But I didn’t cancel the order.
I had a bit of issue with VW finance allowing me to purchase All-In on their November deal as my warranty didn’t run out until mid-December. They were insisting I couldn’t purchase it that far in advance for no specific reason given as to why. Add that on the the worrying costs involved if a new media unit was required at some point being as mine was a potentially troublesome early build…

I very very reluctantly decided I’d part with the Clubsport, dragging my heals even on the day of changeover.
Not a great bit of business either, the Clubby had bombed in trade value in the last month or two, the R has the rip-off £40k tax and I’m now paying interest on a car instead of fully owning it.
I’ll miss the Clubsport’s styling and seats, I’ll miss its character and how inexpensive it was to run for a 300 PS hatch (cheap tax, no dearer to service than a Polo, 40mpg in summer)

But onwards and upwards, Daisy is home.
Except that she’s not actually called Daisy, I don’t name my cars, I just thought it’d make an unusual thread title  :whistle:

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner