Author Topic: alloy repair  (Read 2084 times)

Offline so1o

• Here all the time
alloy repair
« on: 02 August 2004, 16:24 »
Hi,

I need to get my alloys repaired. On of the front ones has a slight bend, you cant even notice it and they need a fresh coat of paint. The wheels are 9 x 16 and 7.5 x 16 Azev A's. Anyone know a decent place around the Luton area or within a 20 - 30 mile radius.

Thanks

Solo

Offline Fraiser

• I live here
Re:alloy repair
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2004, 16:31 »

i know a good scrapyar4d for ur car bro  ;)

Offline so1o

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2004, 17:12 »
hahahaa, listen mate i dont want to knock seven bells out of you when I catch you lets leave it out.

Fire and Ice, scrapyard would refuse it, enough said.

Any serious suggestions?

Fielder5757

« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2004, 00:00 »
Check the yellow pages mate ;)

nogama3

« Reply #4 on: 04 August 2004, 09:00 »
I believe a company called "Lap-Tab" do a price promise to beat genuine qoutes, I think they do a nationwide collection/delivery service. Check Performance VW/The Golf Mags in the back pages. There should be many co's on the net advertising for this.

Offline 8valvesgood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2004, 20:28 »
there are a few tyre fitment places that can put you in contact with wheel repair companies. Unless you get them all repaired and sprayed, see if you can buy just one of the wheels brand new direct from the maker, to repair a decent alloy these days can cost as much as buying one brand new. Mate had his done, looked a good finish cost him ?60 had a fair bit of curbing, anyway took the alloy to change his tyre and the tyre removing tool picked out all the filler points where normal filler had been used, looked worse than before.
You can't polish a turd