Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 601390 times)

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #6030 on: 29 September 2012, 09:28 »
fitted my new gearknob courtesy of MS1COYS a gift for joining the mk4 section  :grin:,nice one mate ,will post a pic later when i can find the other halfs camera lol

:smiley:
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline AcidicDavey

• Here all the time
  • Not a VAG Owner.
« Reply #6031 on: 30 September 2012, 00:10 »
Got her looking minty for sale photos  :sad:
95 Volvo 480 2.0 Celebration

Offline brett

• I live here
« Reply #6032 on: 30 September 2012, 12:12 »
swapped my oem aerial from wooosh from the mk3 to the mk4,still no pics as yet .TThe better half has the camera in her bag at work ,so will be why i couldnt find it lol

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #6033 on: 30 September 2012, 21:43 »
sorned it  :lipsrsealed:

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #6034 on: 30 September 2012, 23:25 »
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline Whimsa

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6035 on: 03 October 2012, 01:44 »
Today I replaced my broken aerial that the hooligans snapped off last month. I’m going to tell you how...
I ordered a new one off ebay, with postage, it came to £12 I think, I decided to get a retractable one, so at least it wouldn’t be targeted again.
If you are not confident, take your time and gather all your screwdrivers and wrenches first. Any trips to A+E are not my problem, sorry.
It took me 4 hours, 3 bloody knuckles, and 2 dirty hands, without guidance, so with this guide you are half way there. Good luck!
First of all, pop the hood, disconnect the battery negative, advisable if you’re doing anything electrical as you don’t want to blow any fuses accidently.
First unscrew and take off the left hand side fascia plate, which sits at the base of your windscreen wipers, followed by your ventilation intake box, be careful as all your screws and bolts are plastic and easy to round off. While doing this I got my hoover and sucked up all the leaves that had been laying there for 16 years, it was messy, be careful none of the leaves fall in the intake hole pictured.
You will have something looking like this...

After this, get in the car; remove your radio, then the lower, passenger glove box. At this point you will be able to see where the aerial runs through the dash, make note of this, but do not remove yet.
It will look like this...

With the bonnet still up, chock the back wheels (I didn’t, but you should because it’s safer!!!), break the lock on the front/left, wheel nuts, and then jack up the front/passenger side. Remove the wheel completely.
Next remove any arches, mud flaps you have, then the wheel arch liner (I only removed the rear of the arch as I could slide it out and it gave me enough access to get under the wing).
It should be looking something like this...

When your done grab your wrench, and find the right sized head. Use it to remove the retaining bracket that is held on under the wing. Note its sitting, and then slide it down and off the aerial mast.
Now grab your aerial and trace the thin wire that runs up and then bolts on the under side of the bonnet, this is your earthing point! Do your best to remove it from the vehicle, or do what I did and cut the strip, its a tricky one to just unbolt/feed through the wing.
When you have this done, feed your old aerial lead through the dash, out through the engine bay and then through the wing.
Now you want to remove the old aerial mast by gently pulling it down, give it a wiggle to help the effort. If it is stuck in the grommet (rubber plug) push the mast up to release the grommet from the wing, then wiggle it down and out.
The old aerial looked like this...

The new one looked almost the same, and came with a new grommet, and mounting bracket.
Now you’re going to hate me for this but...
Refitting is the reverse of removal, dont forget to earth the new one and reconnect the battery to make sure it all works before putting everything back together.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2012, 01:46 by Whimsa »

Offline Wooosh

• GTI forum regular
  • The Shocker.
« Reply #6036 on: 04 October 2012, 19:19 »
Got a set of genuine R32 alloys and fitted them to my mk4 :cool:

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #6037 on: 05 October 2012, 11:09 »
Dropped it at Awesome to do a cambelt and service and get a list of prices for TBE, remap and intake.

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #6038 on: 05 October 2012, 17:25 »
Ordered £75 worth of engine bolts from TPS and dropped my alternator off at my mates garage to be split down so I can clean it all up and paint the casings :) then the only parts left to paint are the PS Pump and the sump before assembly......

Offline supergeeman

• Not said much yet
  • 97/P GTI8v
« Reply #6039 on: 05 October 2012, 22:01 »
thought I would give my exterior plastics, on my mk3 gti, a coat of kiwi liquid shoe polish...wow! way better than any bumper gel I have ever used! they look new! and it was less than £2!!
I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!