Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 601383 times)

Offline hobnobbob

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #5890 on: 29 July 2012, 10:42 »
spent an hour trying to find why it was idling at 2000rpm only to find out my new ICV was at fault which = a happy man as its nothing serious  :drool:

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
« Reply #5891 on: 29 July 2012, 11:26 »
Ordered two red leather dye kits which equals 300ml in total and now I know I needed 600ml lol, so just need to finish a little on the seat back and then do the seat base. Progress so far.....

Just need to black the rest of the side trims and they can go in :D

Looks good coverage and finish what kit did you go for?

Offline dubstar9

• Here all the time
  • Back to the Golf scene
« Reply #5892 on: 29 July 2012, 13:39 »
Ordered two red leather dye kits which equals 300ml in total and now I know I needed 600ml lol, so just need to finish a little on the seat back and then do the seat base. Progress so far.....

Just need to black the rest of the side trims and they can go in :D

Looks good coverage and finish what kit did you go for?

Cheers Mate. :D Been using these kits with many colours available - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280742348647?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_7873wt_1270

Fitted the rear trim as I only need to remove seat base to finish and thats a 5min job.

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #5893 on: 29 July 2012, 14:06 »
dubstar: that looks lovelt! love the black and red, they go well!

sorted both front window mech & motors out (window kept comming down) fitted all wind deflectors, fitted my leater door cards with both front door lights working & bought a single bed frame from mums house to mine & found out why there was a rattling noise comming from the boot area.
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline dubstar9

• Here all the time
  • Back to the Golf scene
« Reply #5894 on: 29 July 2012, 15:34 »
Well the dye is on order so should be to long and then I'll give it a rub with leather sealer, then on the look out for leather 3 door front seats and leather Beetle hoop headrests. Think finding the door cards will be harder but I'll grab them when I see them, might need some Cabrio colour concept ones and dye the the red bits above the arm rests black so only the arm rest are red on a totally black door card. Then get the door handles and door pull surrounds covered in red leather. ;)

Anyway, just fitted door and main dash switches, green for red lite and swapped the blue Airbag for a black one.

Switch on the left is the Corrado spoiler one and looks crap (so new blank needed) which I have the Corrado bezel, so I'll fit it into the replacement black dash between steering wheel and drivers door under main light switch ;)

Gavv8

« Reply #5895 on: 29 July 2012, 15:55 »
Clay bar/wax/re-blacked the trim and cleaned all the glass properly.

And within ten minutes a bird shat on it.. :angry:
« Last Edit: 29 July 2012, 18:00 by Gavv8 »

Offline rolty_gti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5896 on: 30 July 2012, 13:59 »
Gave it a wash with turtlewax waterless wash n wax system, was pleasantly surprised at the results!

Then topped it off with a fresh coat of nattys paste wax

Well impressed, would recommend for sure! :smiley:
LCR Decor - Quality affordable home improvements, we also take on commercial work, www.lcr-decor.co.uk free quotes! essex/london/kent and surrounding areas. call lee-07984106950 e-mail-leerolt@lcr-decor.co.uk

Offline BondandBigM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5897 on: 31 July 2012, 22:13 »
Eventually got round to taking the dodgy boy racer fake roll cage thing out tonight. Surprisingly has transformed the look of the car all together  :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #5898 on: 31 July 2012, 23:28 »
Eventually got round to taking the dodgy boy racer fake roll cage thing out tonight. Surprisingly has transformed the look of the car all together  :cool:

nice one, wasn't doing you any favours having that thing in there.

Offline BondandBigM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5899 on: 01 August 2012, 00:41 »

nice one, wasn't doing you any favours having that thing in there.

You never know maybe I'll change the grill as well

:laugh: :laugh: