Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 601242 times)

Offline kahunajb

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #5450 on: 31 March 2012, 19:42 »
Picked it up from the body shop after having rust removed and paint then wash, clay bar, polish and wax. Arm hurting. Tomorrow interior.
Mk1 Leon Cupra TDI - Keeping
Mk5 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 1 - FOR SALE £5,250
Mk3 GTI 16v Anniversary - OEM+ - Gone :(
Mk4 GTI 2.0 - Slow - Good Riddance

Offline coxy1042000

• Just got here
« Reply #5451 on: 01 April 2012, 17:13 »
Well after fetching my new dash today I back to blacked it then polished it now the dash don't look that faded black it was looking . Also took all the rear out the passenger seat out and started stripping the current dash down ready for me to fit the new one next weekend :)

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #5452 on: 01 April 2012, 17:36 »
Finally found out what was causing the squeeking noise I had been having from the front drivers side wheel. It has had new cv joint, new discs and pads, and endless amounts of time trying to find the source of the noise. Today I removed the pads, discs calipers and carriers. Then whilst turning the hub noticed the backing plate was ever so slightly bent and was catching on one small side. Straightened this out and put everything back together and now I can open the window without the noise doing my head in. This car has been into three garages trying to find this problem and finally it is ME that has sorted it  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #5453 on: 01 April 2012, 18:00 »
Finally found out what was causing the squeeking noise I had been having from the front drivers side wheel. It has had new cv joint, new discs and pads, and endless amounts of time trying to find the source of the noise. Today I removed the pads, discs calipers and carriers. Then whilst turning the hub noticed the backing plate was ever so slightly bent and was catching on one small side. Straightened this out and put everything back together and now I can open the window without the noise doing my head in. This car has been into three garages trying to find this problem and finally it is ME that has sorted it  :smiley: :smiley:

haha its always the simplest of things that you miss

Offline stfc_gti

• I live here
« Reply #5454 on: 01 April 2012, 18:24 »
spend a good 3 1/2 hours giving it a clean and polish.
2002 1.8T GTI AUM, Standard (not for much longer)

Offline gjroe78

• I live here
  • http://shop.ebay.co.uk/mattroe2007/m.html
« Reply #5455 on: 01 April 2012, 20:49 »
Washed the Golf and the Bora
<br /><br />+ a 1.8T Bora Sport(R-Tech\'ed to 213bhp)

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #5456 on: 01 April 2012, 21:21 »
cleaned the windows inside out, got wife to vac the car, cleaned dash, then got some MER's and sorted the arches and spoiler (pretty crap and very watery, il stick with autoglym)
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline stfc_gti

• I live here
« Reply #5457 on: 01 April 2012, 21:30 »
cleaned the windows inside out, got wife to vac the car, cleaned dash, then got some MER's and sorted the arches and spoiler (pretty crap and very watery, il stick with autoglym)
didnt get round to the windows, they need doing mind. next weekend maybe
2002 1.8T GTI AUM, Standard (not for much longer)

Offline coxy1042000

• Just got here
« Reply #5458 on: 01 April 2012, 21:48 »

how u manage to get ur wife to vac ur car i only mention cleaning one of the cars and my mrs disapears  :laugh:

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #5459 on: 01 April 2012, 22:46 »
Parked the mk4 up for the last time before sale time and paid for the mk2  :smiley:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19