Author Topic: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95  (Read 154397 times)

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Re: Dan's new daily - Broken suspension (not DH approved)
« Reply #510 on: 07 July 2011, 10:59 »
Pretty sick. Could do with more camber and some cheaper wheels though IMHO.

I agree :) he was asking me about camber lastnight so i'm sure that's his plan ;) it's a work in progress, it's getting painted and everything so might suit the wheels a little more.. but they're my perfect wheel <3

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #511 on: 07 July 2011, 11:04 »
Good luck on finding another job quickly....

Not sure about the rear on that MX5 but there's something about it I like.

I think because it reminds me of retro Jap styling like on this old Skyline.   :cool:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #512 on: 07 July 2011, 11:07 »
Good luck on finding another job quickly....

Not sure about the rear on that MX5 but there's something about it I like.

I think because it reminds me of retro Jap styling like on this old Skyline.   :cool:

Thanks dude :) found one that i'm applying for just need to get the CV written up again, i see they did me a favour as they said the job just wasnt for me.. i wasn't motivated enough and i didn't fancy being a b!tch for the rest of my life, was only a temp job anyway but was there for just under a year :D the job i've found is defiantly what i would rather be doing :)

Yeh that car's siccck, the MX5 has had the rear bumper chopped out and had the plate put in to keep the car to the road (instead of a big ass spoiler) :D i don't have a clue if i'm honest!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #513 on: 07 July 2011, 11:12 »
^^^ Well fingers crossed then....

Yeah it makes sense just looks a little odd over something that was meant to be there like how they do it on the back of a lotus.

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #514 on: 07 July 2011, 11:17 »
Tbf, it's a 1.6 mx5, the last thing it needs is rear downforce.

I think it looks cool though.

They're my perfect wheel for a luxurious German car, but for a utilitarian, ratty JDM drifter I think they're too expensive... When the wheels look like they cost more than the car, something's wrong.

Then again, they look sweet on Mk3s which seem to be worth about £30 at the moment.

Offline mellow yellow

• I live here
  • A Driffield Dubber!
« Reply #515 on: 07 July 2011, 13:54 »
winnies mx5 is a beast, sounds metal, stripped out, caged and turbo charged. the wheels did cost him a fair wack but like dan said its in for a full paint at p b customs soon. he's actually basing the paint colour around the wheels coz he likes them that much.

the rear diffuser is from a lotus i think?

it will look awesome when painted! its also his dailly  :cool:

oh and sorry to hear about the job dan. hope you move onto summat you enjoy a bit more!
are you going on bft next week?
« Last Edit: 07 July 2011, 13:57 by mellow yellow »

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #516 on: 07 July 2011, 18:24 »
^^^ Well fingers crossed then....

Yeah it makes sense just looks a little odd over something that was meant to be there like how they do it on the back of a lotus.

Thanks man :)

Tbf, it's a 1.6 mx5, the last thing it needs is rear downforce.

I think it looks cool though.

They're my perfect wheel for a luxurious German car, but for a utilitarian, ratty JDM drifter I think they're too expensive... When the wheels look like they cost more than the car, something's wrong.

Then again, they look sweet on Mk3s which seem to be worth about £30 at the moment.

Yeah totally get what you mean man :) but he said he's planning on getting it running around 300bhp, in an sub 800kg car that's pretty fast ;)

winnies mx5 is a beast, sounds metal, stripped out, caged and turbo charged. the wheels did cost him a fair wack but like dan said its in for a full paint at p b customs soon. he's actually basing the paint colour around the wheels coz he likes them that much.

the rear diffuser is from a lotus i think?

it will look awesome when painted! its also his dailly  :cool:

oh and sorry to hear about the job dan. hope you move onto summat you enjoy a bit more!
are you going on bft next week?

Yeah man, such a nice lad aswell! We went to see my mates smashed up car he crashed yesterday and the MX5 looks awesome on the go :)

Thanks man, yeah should be on BFT next week ;) see you there!

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #517 on: 08 July 2011, 17:30 »
Thanks to the thread i posted up, turned out to be the Cat at fault.. just got the cat chopped out and de-cat welded in and now i have a normal running car for the first time in about 3 months :) sounds a lot more healthy too.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #518 on: 08 July 2011, 18:15 »
Decat ftmfw dan

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #519 on: 08 July 2011, 18:22 »
Decat ftmfw dan

Haha yeah man ;) happy day today, so good on fuel too!