Author Topic: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95  (Read 154393 times)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Dan's new daily - Broken suspension (not DH approved)
« Reply #260 on: 10 May 2011, 10:49 »
To be honest, at least you're doing it properly. Too many people drop their cars on the deck and bang the driveshaft off the chasis leg. With the notch and engine lift things should be less likely to break and you won't be banging your sump on cats eyes or mushing your driveshafts every 5 mins. You should be be able to get the geometeryt in a better state than with a standard slam as well.

As long as the notching and engine lift are done correctly and to a good standard I can't see the harm. Plenty of people modify the turret tops on track cars to add adjustable top mount set ups and give more suspension travel. Wha't the difference?

I think some people are very grumpy this week.

nick

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #261 on: 10 May 2011, 10:53 »
The thing to remember though is that like most people on this forum Dan spends quite a bit of time and money on his car and therefore logic would suggest he is going to take care of it and not drive it round like a tw@t because he doesn't want to damage it. Yes it has eaten driveshafts but he is working on rectifying that. As for the chassis notch, its been cut and welded, yet there are cars out there with rusted sills etc which are more dangerous. DH I think it's about time you go and rant at un-insured drivers, drunk/drugged drivers etc because your 'advice' is just falling on deaf ears here. Like I have said to you before you obviously know your stuff but the way you talk to people makes you come across as some sorta c u n t! :)

Offline Malz0r

• Here all the time
  • Haters gunna hate.
« Reply #262 on: 10 May 2011, 10:54 »
If people dont like it why are they readin it? lol you have the power to change your TV channel....why not look at something else :D

Good work i say! Haters gunna hate  :cool:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #263 on: 10 May 2011, 10:58 »
Dan, get a sticker done up for the car window: "Haterz gunna hate" :grin:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #265 on: 10 May 2011, 11:01 »
You're a brave guy for posting that horney :D but yeah all welding was done by my friend who owns his own engineering company (and does my banded steelies) and his quality of work is awesome to say the least.

Dan, get a sticker done up for the car window: "Haterz gunna hate" :grin:

Haha, i'm going to have to desgin one after all this.. :D

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #266 on: 10 May 2011, 11:04 »
You carry on Mr Monday, i still love you!  :kiss:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #267 on: 10 May 2011, 11:08 »
You're a brave guy for posting that horney :D but yeah all welding was done by my friend who owns his own engineering company (and does my banded steelies) and his quality of work is awesome to say the least.

Meh. I think some peopl are just over reacting. People have been tubbing arches, body dropping over modded chassis and the such since car modding began. As long as you approach it with the right attitude and get the work carried out to an excellent standard I don't see the issue. I much prefer thigs like this than muppets who cut their standard springs, shove in loads of camber shims and then drive round on bike tyres on over sized rims inflated to a million PSI.

Nick

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #268 on: 10 May 2011, 11:09 »
well its an open forum - so feedback can be good, bad or middle of the road  - thats the way it works.  :smug:

Fair play for looking at ways of fixing the problems you have now caused yourself by going so low - thats the good  :wink:

But i look it this way, your spanking a LOT of cash on this, you think what you could have got with it all - thats the middle of road  :undecided:

And god help you at renewal time for your AA, a lot of policies are loaded if you have used them alot - which you have - thats the bad  :tongue:

Still think you should have kept ya Mk3 Wagon BTW -  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #269 on: 10 May 2011, 11:37 »
You carry on Mr Monday, i still love you!  :kiss:

Even though i'm killing kittens? :kiss:

Meh. I think some peopl are just over reacting. People have been tubbing arches, body dropping over modded chassis and the such since car modding began. As long as you approach it with the right attitude and get the work carried out to an excellent standard I don't see the issue. I much prefer thigs like this than muppets who cut their standard springs, shove in loads of camber shims and then drive round on bike tyres on over sized rims inflated to a million PSI.

Nick

Yeah man, i drive this daily and it has been absolutly fine (with regards to chassis notch and raised engine) the opposite driveshaft is very slightly knocking and rubbing when cornering since this but that's until i get this side notched. I don't see an issue with it, but then again it's DH that i'm arguing with here.. i'll never win.

well its an open forum - so feedback can be good, bad or middle of the road  - thats the way it works.  :smug:

Fair play for looking at ways of fixing the problems you have now caused yourself by going so low - thats the good  :wink:

But i look it this way, your spanking a LOT of cash on this, you think what you could have got with it all - thats the middle of road  :undecided:

And god help you at renewal time for your AA, a lot of policies are loaded if you have used them alot - which you have - thats the bad  :tongue:

Still think you should have kept ya Mk3 Wagon BTW -  :lipsrsealed:

Very true man, it's just the way some people go about it :D i'm working on ways to get it low without breaking things (like driveshafts / sumps etc) and it seems to be working so far, just the track rod arms to do. Fair play on the $ side of things but hopefully i shouldn't have to spend much more on getting it sorted :) as for the AA renewal they love trying to get my car on the flat-bed.. :D

i wish i did keep it dude :( i've been looking at them again :lipsrsealed: