Author Topic: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95  (Read 154396 times)

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
What's not to get? Cheap daily run about slammed on it's arse  :grin:

its not cheap because it goes through driveshafts like i go through crisps
its hardly a runaround because it wont be able to go anywhere and is not fit for purpose. infact i doubt its strictly legal (construction and use blah blah blah)
its not 'stanced', its is literally on its arse because theres so much reverse rake, and does not look good. just broken.
its still on standard wheels that make it look even more like the suspensions collapsed. If it had aftermarket wheels of some description with a bit of thought put into ET's, then it may look ok. 
it definitely wont handle that low

in summary, it was a semi nice car thats been ruined.

this is what i do not get.
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline dazzawest1987

• I live here
I've no doubt that dan has plans for all these issues, his vr estate shows he knows what he's doing and like most of our cars it's a project/ work in progress

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Its dans car thats all thats needed to know. Am sure things are in the pipeline for wheels

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
What's not to get? Cheap daily run about slammed on it's arse  :grin:

its not cheap because it goes through driveshafts like i go through crisps
its hardly a runaround because it wont be able to go anywhere and is not fit for purpose. infact i doubt its strictly legal (construction and use blah blah blah)
its not 'stanced', its is literally on its arse because theres so much reverse rake, and does not look good. just broken.
its still on standard wheels that make it look even more like the suspensions collapsed. If it had aftermarket wheels of some description with a bit of thought put into ET's, then it may look ok. 
it definitely wont handle that low

in summary, it was a semi nice car thats been ruined.

this is what i do not get.

Haha go hate somewhere else, i'm not some pussy that's worried about scraping, if something brakes i'll fix it, simple. No sh!t i have reverse rake.. what 10mm if that? As i stated in earlier posts, i'm flipping the tie rod ends to get the front down more and i need another chassis notch since i've raised the engine.  Driveshafts have cost me £5 - 10.. hardly breaking the bank here, since i've raised the engine i've not snapped one. It's not currently stanced because i'm working on getting my wheels at perfect fitment, two are finished and i'm getting the other two done next weekend, this is while i am paying off my debts from my estate (pretty hard when you're 18 and mummy and daddy doesn't pay for everything..) As for handling low, it's a 1.4 8v, i couldn't get enough speed up for it to handle badly :D read my estate build thread, that went through so many stages and i learnt a lot, won't be to everyones taste and i got soo much hate for building it, but just shows i don't care.

Fair one you might have a nicer car than me, but i'm 18.. this is what i want and i'm getting it how i want it. This is a build thread, i'm open to suggestions and take ideas on board but your input is pointless and quite frankly boring.

Thanks to everyone who comments though, sorry i haven't been keeping up to date. Was working in london this weekend and i have no money :D most of my debts will be paid off next week so we can see bigger / better things to.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Raised engine means less angle and therefore stress on the suffering driveshafts.

i meant the whole concept of this car in general. not the raising of the engine.

I think it's only Dan that does!

:D i've heard that before..

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
i'm open to suggestions and take ideas on board but your input is pointless and quite frankly boring.

your clearly not open to suggestions though, your just crying because i dont like it.
my suggestion was that it would look better if it wasnt so low. It would also be nicer to drive and wouldnt break so often.

that sir, is a suggestion, a point, an idea, an improvement even.

I also feel that if you find it boring, it could well be that alot of people have said its too low and not fit for purpose maybe? If thats the case then maybe you should take heed.

Just because my opinion differs from your doesnt make it pointless. Opinions are like arseholes my freind, we all have them and are entitled to use them.

S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Dan message me your number on facebook please mate need to ask you a favour. P.s i dont think your car is low enought.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
i'm open to suggestions and take ideas on board but your input is pointless and quite frankly boring.

your clearly not open to suggestions though, your just crying because i dont like it.
my suggestion was that it would look better if it wasnt so low. It would also be nicer to drive and wouldnt break so often.

I also feel that if you find it boring, it could well be that alot of people have said its too low and not fit for purpose maybe? If thats the case then maybe you should take heed.

Just because my opinion differs from your doesnt make it pointless. Opinions are like arseholes my freind, we all have them and are entitled to use them.

You didn't state them as opinions you stated them as facts, "it's this and it's that" not "i think" or some variation.  Yeah i do get it off a lot of people that it's too low, but in MY opinion i think it needs to go lower, you might (along with others) consider it an improvement to raise my car which is fair enough, but what would the fun in that be? I modify my car to be different, but then if i was to raise it to the same height as everyone else and do what everyone else thought i should do, then all the different cars would be the same.

Dan message me your number on facebook please mate need to ask you a favour. P.s i dont think your car is low enought.

Sent it dude :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot

I think Chris has a point, yes lowering a car is fine but only to a certain point, when things start breaking etc then to me it is a little pointless.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here

I think Chris has a point, yes lowering a car is fine but only to a certain point, when things start breaking etc then to me it is a little pointless.

Fair point i can understand where you're both coming from but this is just how i roll, i'll most likely get a 'decent' car with a Chris White approval stamp in a few years but while i'm young and still live with my rents.. why not, could learn from my mistakes or i could have a sweet car at the end of it, who knows eh. But i'm building it so that i can go low without breaking things, raising the engine, chassis notch, tie rod flip etc, eventually re-enforce the bottom of my car / sills.