Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 382917 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1770 on: 11 March 2013, 19:43 »
Interestingly enough a top of the range Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDI Tech 4 costs........£23500 approx.  :shocked: I thought Kia's were supposed to be cheap.

I can see the GTD living in my garage for many years to come. The mk7 GTD just isn't giving me much more for my buck and that would be alot of bucks.

Cons
1. Horrid wing mirrors
2. Not sure I like the bonnet shape.
3. Not sure I like the tail lights.
4. Too much gloss black interior, I certainly don't like cleaning.
5. Price.

Pros
1. 184ps
2. Adaptive Cruise
3. Better mpg
4. Cheaper Road Tax
5. Old car is already knackered.
6. Old car (touches wood) hasn't broken down.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1771 on: 11 March 2013, 21:09 »
Have you seen the white one in the AMG trailers on Youtube? It's standard with black wheels, wouldn't have considered that combo but it looks great! :drool:
Thought you had an R, interesting comment on the A class being less harsh as I don't find the R too bad in comfort or normal....

White with black wheels was my original spec for my Golf R, but I changed it to silver with black wheels for practicality reasons.  Sliver tends to look cleaner than anything else - even when dirty.  At the time I lived in a flat, and had to travel to my parents house if I wanted to wash it properly!  Now I have my own driveway and garage - so can spend as much time cleaning as I like!  Having said that - I'd probably stay away from white now after living with tar spots and stone chips on a silver car!

I don't think the Golf R is particularly harsh either - even in Sport.  It's only occasions like yesterday - where I had to pick up my grandparents and brother in-law (4 people in the car) that I feel the ride is harsh.  I definitely feel the difference between my 18" winter wheels and my 19" Talledegas... although I live with the 19's cause they look much better!  I guess the quality of road makes a big difference too.

Very nice and best suited in the white with black wheels IMO.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-mercedes-benz-a45-amg/#photo-5638669/

They have really grown on me.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1772 on: 12 March 2013, 17:42 »
Spent a bit of time in benfield Hyundai and benfield KIA. We like the KIA interiors better but the Hyundai prices. :grin:
But we keep coming back to the Suzuki swift sport as such a good value for money package.
t
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1773 on: 12 March 2013, 19:31 »
Spent a bit of time in benfield Hyundai and benfield KIA. We like the KIA interiors better but the Hyundai prices. :grin:
But we keep coming back to the Suzuki swift sport as such a good value for money package.
t

Get the Swift sport Geoff you won't be disappointed...have you test drove one yet?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1774 on: 12 March 2013, 19:36 »
t

I have to admit they are cheap. Tiff Nedel loves them too.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline -Oli-

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1775 on: 12 March 2013, 19:54 »
An RS3, and hopefully this week!

Good man  :wink:

What colour and spec ?

2012/62 Daytona Grey
Privacy
Light and rain sensor
Dimming mirrors
Sunband
Matt ali pack
Folding and Heated mirrors

:cool:
Stage 2 GTI ED35........

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1776 on: 12 March 2013, 20:12 »
t

Get the Swift sport Geoff you won't be disappointed...have you test drove one yet?
Sadly not, as the weathers not really been so good so not driven one yet.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1777 on: 12 March 2013, 21:18 »
Interestingly enough a top of the range Kia Ceed 1.6 CRDI Tech 4 costs........£23500 approx.  :shocked: I thought Kia's were supposed to be cheap.
Are you comparing like with like though. Most top of the range KIA and hyundais come loaded with kit unlike other brands.

« Last Edit: 12 March 2013, 21:25 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1778 on: 12 March 2013, 21:22 »
Are you comparing like with like though. Most top of the range KIA and hyundais come loaded with kit unlike  vw products.

I have to admit it did seem to have everything fitted as standard. Nav, Xenons e.t.c.

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1779 on: 14 March 2013, 19:51 »
Had another rental today which is probably the worst car I have driven for years a Toyota Prius! Toyota have spent all their development on making the over engineered hybrid system work and have completely forgotten about the driver. It was uncomfortable, couldn't get a decent driving position due to lack of steering adjustment and the driver seat gave me back ache, it handled really badly I didn't know where the wheels were pointing during a corner and had to seesaw the wheel to get round, the brakes were rubbish and the front dived badly under braking. On top of that it only averaged 48 mpg. Summary utter crap avoid :sick:
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox