Author Topic: Request For Part No Of Clubsport 45 Gloss Black Mirror Caps?  (Read 834 times)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
I currently own a Golf R Mk8 which has the satin chrome Mirror Caps.  I have to say the satin chrome effect on the mirrors might look pleasant to the eye but it shows every single scuff or scratch know to man.  I swear they don't even have to come in to contact with anything to gain visible scratches. 

So to resolve this issue I was thinking about replacing them with some Gloss Black or Carbon Fibre finish Mirror Caps (with Side Assist).  I even bought a set of the Carbon Fibre Mirror Caps with Side Assist from UltimateCustom recently but found that although the Carbon Fibre Mirror caps looked great in the box, the shape of them was complete wrong to fit to the Mirror Housing and the clips to fasten the caps to the mirror housing were so flimsy that they partially snapped, before I eventually gave up trying to fit them. (As a side note do not buy the Carbon Fibre Mirror Caps for a MK8 Golf as I found the Carbon Fibre on the third party caps distorts and warps the shape of the caps).   

Then I remembered that the GTi Edition 45 has Gloss Black Mirror Caps.  which is why I am asking whether any of you know the Part No for the Gloss Black Mirror Caps on the GTI Edition 45?  Also please confirm if the Mirror Caps on the GTI Edition 45  have the Side Assist cut outs on them as well?   

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: Request For Part No Of Clubsport 45 Gloss Black Mirror Caps?
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2022, 20:46 »
You can’t get them from VW pre-painted with the side cut outs. They have them without the side cutouts but not with. Best they’ll do is give you primed caps but then you’ll need to get them painted. Pretty costly exercise.

So just do what I did. Get a pair on AliExpress. About £40 when I purchased them last year and they’re 100%. Perfect fit and quality, they look OEM. https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNSfp1N

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2022, 20:33 »
Thanks JoeGTI. I have ordered the mirror caps on your recommendation.  I am afraid I am becoming a bit of a copycat, a bit like the similar sill inserts. It’s a good job we’re not closer. I am currently looking at wrapping the roof, but not thinking of including the spoiler. I’ll see.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2022, 13:54 »
Thanks JoeGTI. I have ordered the mirror caps on your recommendation.  I am afraid I am becoming a bit of a copycat, a bit like the similar sill inserts. It’s a good job we’re not closer. I am currently looking at wrapping the roof, but not thinking of including the spoiler. I’ll see.

Haha I have a white CS coming and I am thinking of wrapping the roof in gloss black. I cant decide if to mimic the area the factory pan roof would cover, go all roof or all roof inc spoiler.
I have also got black mirror caps and OEM paddles. On the look out for some puddle lights as well - the naff golf ball pattern looks pretty dire.
Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual