Author Topic: Alarm issues anyone?  (Read 1206 times)

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
Alarm issues anyone?
« on: 13 July 2022, 06:36 »
Last two nights, I’ve been woken up by the Alarm going off. VW connect said movement in the car the first time. I put it down to the temperature perhaps?

Last night it sounded again. App showed boot and front windows as open, but they weren’t. Opened and re locked the car, but still showed drivers door as being unlocked and window not closed.

Anyone having issues?

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
Re: Alarm issues anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2022, 07:31 »
I haven't had any issues with the alarm but I have had the same problem with the app.  It has shown the doors as open, when I know for sure they are closed, quite a few times in my first year of ownership.
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2022, 08:15 »
I’ve read of a few instances on other forums of the mk8 Golf alarm going off for no apparent reason and wrong warnings by the app of open doors. Sorry,  can’t remember which forums or what the cause was though.

If you do a Google search on ‘mk8 Golf alarm issues’ or similar search, you should find some other cases.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2022, 10:13 »
The WeConnect app is mostly useless, not to be relied upon. Mine regularly shows the doors/windows are open or simply just fails to make a connection with the car.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2022, 10:40 »
The WeConnect app is mostly useless, not to be relied upon. Mine regularly shows the doors/windows are open or simply just fails to make a connection with the car.

Dealer made a big thing about the WeConnect app when I got my current car back in 2020. Loaded it on my phone but have never used it and don’t feel I’m really missing out on anything.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2022, 11:44 »
It generally does work OK if you've recently used the car (within last few hours) and I did try triggering the alarm myself and when the alarm goes off, the App did send me an alert.

However, I had the car parked up for 10 days recently when I was away on holidays and I tried using the app. It showed all the doors and windows were opened (and I knew for a fact they weren't!) and when I tried it another time it just failed to connect to the car at all.

Offline massimo23

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 14 July 2022, 05:01 »
If the anti-theft alarm sometimes goes off for no reason then VW have a TPI numbered 2067062/x with a software fix in preparation. They are still preparing the software so it will take some time.....

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #7 on: 14 July 2022, 13:19 »

Dealer made a big thing about the WeConnect app when I got my current car back in 2020. Loaded it on my phone but have never used it and don’t feel I’m really missing out on anything.

Handy to know how many miles are left in the tank thats probably about it! At least with the Older Golfs and Skoda the same app allows you to send destinations to the car
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 14 July 2022, 15:44 »

Handy to know how many miles are left in the tank thats probably about it! At least with the Older Golfs and Skoda the same app allows you to send destinations to the car

Sending map destinations to the car works with the MK8 too. I know I tried it once anyway. But tbh... google maps via CarPlay is just a whole lot easier.