Author Topic: Golf 8 GTI production line ?  (Read 3480 times)

Offline Spinkerson

• Not said much yet
Re: Golf 8 GTI production line ?
« Reply #20 on: 02 August 2022, 13:12 »
Yes I’ve definitely had my suspicions about that

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 02 August 2022, 13:19 »
I ordered my clubsport in February 2021 and was supposed to go into production on week 29 2022 but heard nothing since 🙉

How? I know we have all waited/are waiting a substantial amount of time for our cars but this seems far too long. I waited 12 months to get mine and I ordered 4 months after you. Is your dealer being shady? Telling you it hasn't been built when in actual fact it has, and they have sold it for far more and then just ordered you another one telling you it is still waiting for a build week. I hope it comes soon for you man!

The car’s chosen spec can have an impact on lead times, especially if options have been selected that are semiconductor-dependent.

Some forum members over on VWROC.com forum who’ve spec’d the Harman Kardon audio upgrade will be looking at a lead time of 15 months or longer by the time they get their cars, provided their unconfirmed build dates don’t move out any further. One VWROC.com forum member ordered in March 2021 and currently has been given an estimated delivery date of Feb 2023 :shocked:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Aaron888

• Just got here
« Reply #22 on: 02 August 2022, 14:03 »
Hey guys, first post.. Im from Oz and ordered a GTI last week, just curious to know how long ive got to wait? are things getting better? my dealer said its hard to say but no longer than a year, is that true or is he optimistic?

Offline Spinkerson

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 02 August 2022, 14:15 »
Very optimistic I would say as I’ve waited 17 months and still no sign of a car

Offline Aaron888

• Just got here
« Reply #24 on: 02 August 2022, 14:22 »
Thats ugly, surely not everyone has had wait times like that?

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 02 August 2022, 14:33 »
I ordered my clubsport in February 2021 and was supposed to go into production on week 29 2022 but heard nothing since 🙉

How? I know we have all waited/are waiting a substantial amount of time for our cars but this seems far too long. I waited 12 months to get mine and I ordered 4 months after you. Is your dealer being shady? Telling you it hasn't been built when in actual fact it has, and they have sold it for far more and then just ordered you another one telling you it is still waiting for a build week. I hope it comes soon for you man!

I ordered in Feb ish 2021 as well and mine just landed in the country off the ship. They aren't building them in order unfortunately as it depends on spec and what's available at the time. I know mine had issues with seat material and wheels. They also pushed as the CS45 ordered in front to get them out. There is a bit of pot of luck involved unfortunately
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 02 August 2022, 18:55 »

Keeping the threshold at £40k is an easy way to increase the amount of revenue, so can’t see the £40k figure being increased any time soon, especially as the transition to EV ownership means an increasing percentage of the total vehicles on the road will fall into the zero rated VED category, impacting the amount of revenue raised through conventional VED.

If an EV is over £40k, although it is exempt from regular VED, is it still subject to 'luxury car' tax for 5 years?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 02 August 2022, 19:10 »

Keeping the threshold at £40k is an easy way to increase the amount of revenue, so can’t see the £40k figure being increased any time soon, especially as the transition to EV ownership means an increasing percentage of the total vehicles on the road will fall into the zero rated VED category, impacting the amount of revenue raised through conventional VED.

If an EV is over £40k, although it is exempt from regular VED, is it still subject to 'luxury car' tax for 5 years?

No, EV’s with a list price over £40k are exempt from both regular and ‘luxury’ VED - from gov.uk website;

Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000
You have to pay an extra £355 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a ‘list price’ (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000. You do not have to pay this if you have a zero emission vehicle.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl