Author Topic: What have you bought for your Mk8?  (Read 51593 times)

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you bought for your Mk8?
« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2021, 22:36 »
Thanks. I’ve just had a quick look but couldn’t find it. Good idea though. I’ll certainly keep my eyes out for one.

Just use boli_32 when searching on eBay. It brings them up and they have a few bits on but no space saver. Shame as I’m after one too.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 August 2021, 05:44 »
Thanks. I’ve just had a quick look but couldn’t find it. Good idea though. I’ll certainly keep my eyes out for one.

Just use boli_32 when searching on eBay. It brings them up and they have a few bits on but no space saver. Shame as I’m after one too.

That’s what I did. Meant that I couldn’t find it on his account. I’ll get the hang of writing coherent sentences one day.  :grin:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 14 August 2021, 22:24 »
Good idea for the thread Michele :afro:
I’ve been exceptionally slack about even contemplating buying bits for the car (I’m a changed man!) and to be honest when I got mine there wasn’t a lot available for it.

How about some retailer links in the first post to some of the better suggestions from VWROC for those of us that don’t venture there (owing to being about as popular as a dog turd through a letterbox on that forum) as non R owners?

Some inspiration wouldn’t go amiss to us waverers  :smiley:

Oh, I like the Clubsport sill trims posted up btw  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 15 August 2021, 06:42 »
Thanks Andy. I’ll have a look and pop some things in from the R forum. Glad you like the Clubsport sill trims.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 15 August 2021, 08:37 »
Good work getting the links up so quickly :afro:
I quite like the black mirror caps.

I’m really keen on the sill trims, it’s be nice to have something that actually said ‘Clubsport’ on the car!
Like yourself I’d like some actual sill protectors too. No matter how careful I am I tend to get light marks on the sill when exiting in tight spaces.
VW dealers used to do a black foil kit for mk7’s that might go well with the Clubsport logo trims.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 15 August 2021, 09:05 »
I try!

I’ve got my eyes on these:

YAVEIL Fit for Vw Golf 6 7 Mk6 Mk7 Gti 5door 2009-2018 Outside Stainless Car Steel Door Sill Kick Plate Guard Sills Protector Trim, 4 PCS. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08D64K9JG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_FQEDA4V2X70JQ19SFY2H

Currently have some vinyl ones on my R that have been brilliant. Don’t seem to make them anymore though!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 15 August 2021, 22:57 »
I had similar sill protectors to those Amazon ones on my mk7 Clubsport, they were genuine VW ones though.
Hopefully as the world slowly returns to what it was and the mk8 hits more markets there will be more demand for aftermarket accessories and supply of tailor made parts will be better.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jason27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 17 August 2021, 19:33 »
Fitted these to mine very happy with the quality and fit they  have the extra lip for the MK 8 and some carbon tape fir the rest ... Big old sill def needs protection!!!

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 17 August 2021, 19:35 »
Nice! Do you have the link?

Offline Jason27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 17 August 2021, 19:47 »
From Lockwood International.  co .UK  set of 4 £50ish nog the cheapest but stainless real good quality