Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654148 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2210 on: 24 December 2014, 08:19 »
I think it's clever how they can design the aerodynamics in such a way that the crap is sucked to the middle of the cars rear, yet leave the outer lights relatively clean.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2211 on: 24 December 2014, 11:28 »
I think it's clever how they can design the aerodynamics in such a way that the crap is sucked to the middle of the cars rear, yet leave the outer lights relatively clean.

Yea I noticed that. Also covers the number plate well as well.  :wink: :wink: always got a cloth to clean it of I ever get pulled for it though.

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2212 on: 24 December 2014, 11:46 »

Tbh I've given up cleaning my car over the winter haha. As soon as you wash it, the hatch gets so dirty a day later it's just not worth the 2 hours
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2213 on: 24 December 2014, 14:06 »

Tbh I've given up cleaning my car over the winter haha. As soon as you wash it, the hatch gets so dirty a day later it's just not worth the 2 hours

Don't give up  :grin: 

The dirty hatch is the killer though.  Sometimes feel the same way, tempted not to bother cleaning it at all, just let it  fester for the winter, but then I cave in.   

The other day had to swap cars with my partner so he had to locate mine in my works car park.  By my standards it was filthy, but he said he found it straight off as it was still the cleanest one in the car park.  All that effort not totally wasted then  :wink: :grin:

It's currently looking very sorry for itself on the driveway  :sad:
« Last Edit: 24 December 2014, 14:34 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2214 on: 24 December 2014, 15:09 »
Yea I noticed that. Also covers the number plate well as well.  :wink: :wink: always got a cloth to clean it of I ever get pulled for it though.

When I had my Mk4, we had been to watch the Rally GB in South Wales and were heading over to Oxfordshire afterwards. On one bit of dual carriageway I had a flash from a camera, but fortunately the car was so dirty that your couldn't tell where the numberplate was, let alone read it.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2215 on: 24 December 2014, 16:56 »

When I had my Mk4, we had been to watch the Rally GB in South Wales and were heading over to Oxfordshire afterwards. On one bit of dual carriageway I had a flash from a camera, but fortunately the car was so dirty that your couldn't tell where the numberplate was, let alone read it.

As long as my car stays cleaner than the one I saw today I'll be happy ... I think its a Ford Fiesta ...

I'm not far off mind ...

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2216 on: 24 December 2014, 18:47 »

As long as my car stays cleaner than the one I saw today I'll be happy ... I think its a Ford Fiesta ...

I'm not far off mind ...

Yep, yours is definately cleaner than that fiesta.  Wonder how bad it has to get before they finally get the sponge out  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2217 on: 24 December 2014, 19:25 »
Whitehawk, yours looks like you've driven it round here for a morning. My Passat hasn't had a wash for 3 weeks and looks like that Fiesta. I saw a 307 yesterday that even puts mine to shame on the dirt stakes.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #2218 on: 24 December 2014, 20:01 »
What have I done toy mk6 today ??
Watched it drive away as I've sold it,
Sad time  :cry: :cry:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline ttdan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2219 on: 24 December 2014, 20:16 »
What have I done toy mk6 today ??
Watched it drive away as I've sold it,
Sad time  :cry: :cry:

I am sure the new arrival will cheer you up when it arrives. Are thos silly cheap lease deals still gettable on the 7r?