Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654567 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2200 on: 21 December 2014, 21:40 »

washed mine today and a bird took a nice shi*t on the window! tomorrow it will be dirty again and looked like to wash for weeks :undecided:

If they gonna sh!t on it, better the window than the paintwork, I'm usually relieved if it hits a window  :grin:

A week after having a shiny car, mine is in a truly state disgusting inside and out  :cry:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #2201 on: 21 December 2014, 22:02 »
Well what have I done to the mk6 today ............ Sold It  :cry:
End of a great time together and will be surely missed, on the upside my new 7R is coming 3 months early, was due mid March and got an email yesterday to say it had left the factory  :smiley: if it's half as good as the mk6 I'll be happy man !!

3 months early  :shocked:   how d'you manage that?  Cancelled order??   Nice one  :cool:

What spec you gone for?

Was told a couple of weeks ago that it had been brought forward to build week 50, so with Xmas shutdown at the ports prob get around 2nd week in jan  :smiley: got a private plate for it so not gonna leave it at the dealers for new reg, the wait would kill me haha, gone for
Candy White
3door
Dsg
Carbon nappa leather
Pano Roof
Nav pro
Rev camera
Leaving it standard ...... :whistle: I think not .... :grin:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2202 on: 21 December 2014, 22:16 »
You will have to change the bit under your username that says red is the fastest colour  :wink:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2203 on: 21 December 2014, 22:40 »

3 months early  :shocked:   how d'you manage that?  Cancelled order??   Nice one  :cool:

What spec you gone for?

Was told a couple of weeks ago that it had been brought forward to build week 50, so with Xmas shutdown at the ports prob get around 2nd week in jan  :smiley: got a private plate for it so not gonna leave it at the dealers for new reg, the wait would kill me haha, gone for
Candy White
3door
Dsg
Carbon nappa leather
Pano Roof
Nav pro
Rev camera
Leaving it standard ...... :whistle: I think not .... :grin:

Very nice  :cool:   I wasn't convinced by the nappa when I saw it but subjective  :smiley:

Yeah that wait for new reg would be a killer for sure.  Plus you wouldn't want it sitting round at the dealers.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2014, 22:41 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2204 on: 21 December 2014, 23:59 »

washed mine today and a bird took a nice shi*t on the window! tomorrow it will be dirty again and looked like to wash for weeks :undecided:

If they gonna sh!t on it, better the window than the paintwork, I'm usually relieved if it hits a window  :grin:

A week after having a shiny car, mine is in a truly state disgusting inside and out  :cry:

Booth never this colour again. absolutly ridiculous!  :grin:   back end that gets it the most. goes muddy within days!
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2205 on: 22 December 2014, 00:12 »

Booth never this colour again. absolutly ridiculous!  :grin:   back end that gets it the most. goes muddy within days!

Aw Chris, you lightweight   :grin:  this colour is not for the fainthearted, I like a challenge.  But you're right the rear end is the worst, and the bumper shelf is an absolute dirt magnet even in good weather.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #2206 on: 22 December 2014, 06:39 »
You will have to change the bit under your username that says red is the fastest colour  :wink:

:wink: will have to see if white is the new red  :grin:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2207 on: 22 December 2014, 15:07 »

:wink: will have to see if white is the new red  :grin:

my wife says night blue is the fastest colour and i agree  :grin:

Offline MartinrobGTi

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2208 on: 23 December 2014, 18:03 »
Treated myself to an early christmas present off ebay, decent price too! Will get it fitted over christmas hols now :)

Golf Mk6 GTi | Candy White | RNS 510 | Revo Stage 2 | Pipercross Stage 2 Intake | Milltek Cat Back 3" Race System Non Resonated | 3" Pipewerx Downpipe & 200 Cell Sportscat | H&R Sport Springs | 18" Monza Shadows | Rear LED Tail Lights | Wind Deflectors | NGK Iridiums | Sachs Race Clutch

Offline ttdan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2209 on: 23 December 2014, 20:42 »
What i have not done to my mk6 today is wash it.....derrrty car...job for tomorrow  :whistle: