Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 674547 times)

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2720 on: 02 August 2015, 22:35 »
First decent wash and wax in 4-5 months 6-7k miles. Only had 2 hours to spare so it was a quick wash down BUT it looks good :)

The car does need a deep clay and 2-3 layers of wax but that will have to wait.
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2721 on: 02 August 2015, 22:43 »
The only TLC it had today was me cleaning the pigeon crap off it.  Why do they manage to get some on every panel!    Plus they must have the most acidic diet as it is pretty much etching the paint within minutes!!!  Was only a couple of weeks ago I had to DA polish out the effects of the last load.  :angry:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jordz_GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2722 on: 14 August 2015, 20:23 »
Got my front bumper back today had reg plate holes filled and wiper washers filled. She's looking stunning now 😄

Offline Mickmk6

• Not said much yet
  • Mk7.5 PP 3Door Manual - Indium Grey
« Reply #2723 on: 15 August 2015, 19:26 »
Fitted APR stage 1 + 2 Cold Air Intake, lovely carbon goodness in the engine bay now  :smiley:

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #2724 on: 16 August 2015, 15:20 »
Had a pair of Pirelli P-Zero Rossos fitted. Well on Friday not exactly today.

Offline NikerGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2725 on: 16 August 2015, 17:57 »
Picked up Wednesday , quick wash and spray wax and fitted these ...

« Last Edit: 16 August 2015, 17:59 by NikerGTI »

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2726 on: 17 August 2015, 20:54 »
Was reunited with my GTI today after being away on holiday for two weeks in the USA. Crazy busy trip out there but I had an absolute blast. Drove some absolutely horrendous American cars (the worst being a Dodge Grand Caravan with the worst automatic gearbox I've ever known) but I also got to drive a relatives 1969 Camaro which was awesome!

In other news I also proposed to my missus of 5 years, thankfully she said yes!!

Anyway back to the car, I fully expected it to be covered in bird produce having sat outside the house untouched for 2 weeks but miraculously there was nothing but dust on the car. So after a drive to get some juice in the battery, work the rust off of the brake discs and get used to driving on the correct side of the road again, the car was treated to a good clean outside and inside and now looks it's best again  :smiley:.

Annoyingly though while out driving I noticed that my wastage rattle had reappeared during deceleration. Maybe the spring clip had fallen off or deformed? I had a spare brand new wastage spring clip, so after looking to check the old one was still there I set to work and swapped it with the older one that was fitted under warranty last year. The old clip had lost a bit of tension in the time it had been fitted so I thought maybe that had allowed that rattle to come back but a drive with the new clip fitted showed the noise to still be present. So now I'm a bit stumped because it's exactly the same noise that the clip fixed the first time around, metallic rattle from under the car on deceleration between about 3k and 2k rpm. Will have to invest further when I have a week off next week. In the meantime any ideas anyone?

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2727 on: 17 August 2015, 22:20 »
^^^^ Congrats on the successful proposal  :shocked: :shocked:

And I know what you mean about the American auto, they are utter sh1te....even the the new mustangs are awful, drove one last year and it was like 2 seconds to change up  :sick: :sick:

MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2728 on: 17 August 2015, 23:26 »
Thanks a lot  :smiley:

Yeah the Dodge was just hopeless, think it was under the impression that just because a gearbox can change gears, it needs to change at every single moment possible!! Even at steady speeds on the highway it would suddenly kick down for no reason and every time I accelerated away from stationary it seemed to change 1-2-3-4-3-4-5 for some reason!  :huh:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2729 on: 18 August 2015, 08:20 »
Congratulations on your engagement Dan.  :cool:

Just make sure your future wife doesn't turn into some crazed maniacal woman fussing over the minutest of wedding details.  My colleague has just got engaged and it's all she ever talks about!  Not like us chilled car enthusiasts, who never do any such thing!  :grin:

Bird produce?  Haha, that's got to be the politest way of saying bird sh!t, lol.

Hope you sort the rattle out, second time around!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11