Author Topic: Golf R  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Guycav87

• Just got here
Golf R
« on: 29 May 2024, 19:34 »
Hello All

My Golf R is currently in the dealership for a new steering wheel and wiring loom change for the SOS and travel assist sensor fault.
my car also has a noise when braking to a stop, like a wooshing noise from the left front and a shuddering feel through the brake pedal and a vibration through the steering wheel at 70mph.
im wondering if anyone has experienced the following noise, unfortunately i cant see an option to attach an audio to this post.
VW Swansea are sending the audio to VW Germany to establish what it is so not ideal.

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: Golf R
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2024, 10:52 »
Presumably already checked but wheel balance and distorted brake disc could cause some of the symptoms.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2024, 17:29 »
My Golf R

You've had a Mk8 GTI and a Mk8 clubby and now a Mk8 R?

Sucker for punishment?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2024, 18:16 »
Hello All

My Golf R is currently in the dealership for a new steering wheel and wiring loom change for the SOS and travel assist sensor fault.
my car also has a noise when braking to a stop, like a wooshing noise from the left front and a shuddering feel through the brake pedal and a vibration through the steering wheel at 70mph.
im wondering if anyone has experienced the following noise, unfortunately i cant see an option to attach an audio to this post.
VW Swansea are sending the audio to VW Germany to establish what it is so not ideal.

Any update on this Guycav?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner