Author Topic: Mk3 first detail products?  (Read 945 times)

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Mk3 first detail products?
« on: 26 June 2011, 22:48 »
Probs gonna get myself a DA polisher soonish, but reading through the FAQs and guides etc, and I'm more confused than ever as to what are the best products to buy.

Firstly, what is the hardness of the paint on a 97 mk3 generally like??

Not sure my car has ever had a detail, and the paintwork is actually quite reasonable for the year. ie no real fading etc. There are some medium deep swirls, and some small to medium sized scratches in the paintwork though. Not sure about forking out for a paint depth guage as well as this lot will cost me a bomb as it is.

So should I just get a medium abrasive clay, pads, polish etc?? Obviously first time so products that are quite forgiving and easy to use would be best.

What would you guys recommend for all of the above???     Thanks all.  :smiley:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline SI74

• I live here
Re: Mk3 first detail products?
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2011, 06:35 »
Give Waxamoma a call or a PM on here and am sure he'll be able to sort you out with a kit.  Buy a DA that come with pads and polish will save you a few pounds.  Dont forget you'll need a sealant and a wax as well.

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
Re: Mk3 first detail products?
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2011, 16:48 »
Guy owned a Fjord Blue G3 - He's the man you need to speak to, his looked brand new.