Author Topic: ** THE BALL IS IN MOTION... **  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
Re: ** THE BALL IS IN MOTION... **
« Reply #20 on: 19 September 2006, 17:19 »
well its a start i suppose

thing is though will there be many for sale this time of year as people might not think its worth selling them seeing as though summer has gone. just a thought

Offline Slimmedmk2

• I live here
  • Slammedmk2`s Back!
« Reply #21 on: 19 September 2006, 18:38 »
Thats good news :cool:It probably is the best time to buy one ,as they wont be as expensive as they are in the summer.Good luck with the search

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 20 September 2006, 10:27 »
hope you find a good-un, you've been wanting one for ages.
It's quite exciting when you get to look for a new car.

I used to get a leak in my Mk2, I ended up having park the car specially so that it was level so the rain wouldn't run in through the knackered window seal, which was always a challenge on a tiny cobbled street with a 45 degree camber.

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #23 on: 20 September 2006, 10:57 »
Good news Han. :afro:

From my experience of looking for one a few years ago it's a bit of a myth that cabs are cheaper in the summer than in the winter, there may be a slight bit of difference in price but it wont be much unless someone desperately wants to get rid of one, otherwise why would anyone sell a car for £500 less than it's worth just because it's slightly colder & wetter.  :undecided:

......now officially dubless.

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 20 September 2006, 11:08 »
The theory is that in the run up to the summer a buyer will be more desperate to buy a convertible, so will be willing to pay more to get the car, so the seller will get more money for it.
It's not nessesarily the case that the car is worth any less in the winter, just that people will be willing to pay a premium for a soft-top in the summer.

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #25 on: 20 September 2006, 11:22 »
I disagree our kid, when I was looking the prices in the summer where exactly the same as they were in the winter, which did surprise me at the time because as you say you'd think there would be a price difference as summere desperation takes hold, but in my experience it wasn't the case and a 4k cab in the summer was still a 4k cab in the winter, unless as I said the seller was desperate to get a quick sale.

My cab might be up for sale and there are a couple of people interested, but I wont sell it for anymore or less than I would have done two months ago. 
......now officially dubless.

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #26 on: 20 September 2006, 13:21 »
gibby - i've had already persuaded myself out of your car, after our little chat on saturday i persuaded myself to go for another no matter how much i get!!

seen a few in trader tbh.. the search continues!

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #27 on: 20 September 2006, 15:13 »
sweet! thats cool han hurry up and get one! dont but the 1st one u see tho.....