Author Topic: 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' ??? Any thoughts???  (Read 3444 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' ??? Any thoughts???
« Reply #20 on: 14 June 2012, 13:53 »
Ive lost count how many times I think I've been caught by camera. Problem is that fear soon wears off :(

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #21 on: 14 June 2012, 13:56 »
Ive lost count how many times I think I've been caught by camera. Problem is that fear soon wears off :(

Cant wait til you get your first diesel points  :lipsrsealed:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #22 on: 14 June 2012, 14:01 »

:D :D :D :D

Don't they revoke the points when they see you have a diesel and they realise it was impossible to be doing the speed they clocked you at?

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #23 on: 14 June 2012, 14:03 »
They doubled the points for being a cancer causing cnut  :grin:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #24 on: 14 June 2012, 14:05 »

:D :D :D :D

Don't they revoke the points when they see you have a diesel and they realise it was impossible to be doing the speed they clocked you at?

soooooooooooooooooo much to learn  :kiss:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 14 June 2012, 15:47 »
I REALLY wouldn't bother with BS letters to them.  You don't want to risk saying the wrong thing and escalating anything, do you now?

You'll get offered the course once you've fessed up to the offence.

TBF I've done a letter for someone else DH and they got let off it was a short sweet letter stating they were in the wrong, but with mitigating circumstances!

the only time i have been caught speeding I was running late for my grandmothers funeral... they didn't buy it...

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #26 on: 14 June 2012, 15:51 »
It varies so much on whether they offer the course or not. But I wouldn't use lorry excuse, I was in court where a guy on a motorbike was caught speeding, by a policeman with the laser gun. The bloke was sticking to the limits but went 6mph to get round a lorry due to spray, photo showed it was wet road and raining, with the lorries spray. The magestrates wouldnt have any of it as he still broke the law even though he appealed against the decision. All in all it cost him many times more than it would of been to take the points and fine.

I'm shocked how I've still got a license tbh, I've had the local sergeant take my keys off me for my car on a speeding occasion. Yet I've still got a clean license.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #27 on: 14 June 2012, 17:23 »
It varies so much on whether they offer the course or not. But I wouldn't use lorry excuse, I was in court where a guy on a motorbike was caught speeding, by a policeman with the laser gun. The bloke was sticking to the limits but went 6mph to get round a lorry due to spray, photo showed it was wet road and raining, with the lorries spray. The magestrates wouldnt have any of it as he still broke the law even though he appealed against the decision. All in all it cost him many times more than it would of been to take the points and fine.

What is wrong with these people!? A very illegitimate and fair reason to go 6mph over the speed limit. A clear common sense malfunction with the courts there, feel sorry for that guy.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #28 on: 14 June 2012, 17:27 »

What is wrong with these people!? A very illegitimate and fair reason to go 6mph over the speed limit. A clear common sense malfunction with the courts there, feel sorry for that guy.

Bromley Mags this was at, I felt sorry for the bloke tbh, for something so stupid with more than adequate proof, the way the magistrates saw it was he broke the law either way even if it was for the safety of his well being, yet they give other people a slap on the wrist for serious crimes. But then the magistrates aren't the sharpest tools in the book, nor is any of the judiciary  :lipsrsealed:

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

VW BUSH

« Reply #29 on: 14 June 2012, 17:33 »
I got let off from doing 60 in a 40, it involved me sitting down in the police car and being shown a load gruesome pictures and vids from local accidents.
Was a let off but it did slow me down more than i expected