Author Topic: 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' ??? Any thoughts???  (Read 3442 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: 'Notice of Intended Prosecution' ??? Any thoughts???
« Reply #10 on: 14 June 2012, 10:22 »
Ok so it’s just a bit of chat/query I have really.

and

Just one more thing…… anyone that is thinking of replying with ‘ you were speeding you deserve it’  please don’t bother, I do not drive like a lunatic , and anyone that says they have no exceeded the speed limit YOU ARE LYING.
Thanks
 :grin: :cry: :grin: :cry:

:lipsrsealed:

you are correct,

you dont drive like  a lunatic to speed.

but you did speed

so a punishment is due.

:smiley:

making up stories about lorries right up your chuff will dig you deeper in the poop.  :rolleyes:

and a sob story about skint a child etc  :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

Offline laitymk3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 14 June 2012, 10:27 »
TBF I have just filled in the back of the notice and shoved it in an envelope. Like you and I have both said I was speeding which is a fine. I just got unlucky and will make sure I do not get caught again, and obviously never brake the speed limits again (which should be 80mph anyways) but that’s a different argument.

MK3 GTI ABF

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 14 June 2012, 11:29 »
yes... tell them you had a lorry right up behind you. Its not like they have a photo of your car or anything  :laugh:

Offline m4rt1ngti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 14 June 2012, 11:34 »
My boss was clocked doing 56 in a 40 zone. Was a single carriage way 60 mph road (he was in a truck)

As its his first offence he has been offered the seminar and i think it was about £60. If he does that (which he is) then he doesn't get any points for the offence!

Offline Mitching

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 14 June 2012, 11:49 »
yes... tell them you had a lorry right up behind you. Its not like they have a photo of your car or anything  :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 14 June 2012, 12:58 »
they usaully offer you to go on a drivers awareness course and you dont get the points but still have the fine if you take the course

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #16 on: 14 June 2012, 13:17 »
No nonsense response Diamond Hell, thanks. Do you know any more about the courses do they relieve the points + fine or not?

If you get offered the course you won't get any points and you won't need to declare it to your insurers (last time I checked).  You are eligible for a course if you haven't been caught for anything in the last two years and have no points.

The course costs are a bit more than the fixed penalty fine, but you need to weigh up the surrounding effects/costs/risks etc - it's a complete no-brainer - you do the course, even if it costs you nearly the cost of the course to get to the bloody thing.  :angry:

TBF I've done a letter for someone else DH and they got let off it was a short sweet letter stating they were in the wrong, but with mitigating circumstances!

They'd want to be some pretty solid mitigating circumstances!  What were they and how long ago was this?

I don't think there could be a lot of mitigating circumstances on the A1.  :grin:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 14 June 2012, 13:30 »
No nonsense response Diamond Hell, thanks. Do you know any more about the courses do they relieve the points + fine or not?

If you get offered the course you won't get any points and you won't need to declare it to your insurers (last time I checked).  You are eligible for a course if you haven't been caught for anything in the last two years and have no points.

Mr g/f just got the course & she had 3 points for speeding already she did get the 3 points 2.5 years ago though

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 14 June 2012, 13:32 »
Wife bad luck she drove when there was a motor bike event in west country so I just wrote saying they were on her case doing 100plus and to check the camera for how many motorbikes it caught within the hour of her getting snapped.
The judge was alright got turned to an SP30 so all good!
As for the speeds she got caught at  :lipsrsealed: TBF her old man was in bad shape and she was driving way too fast to get down there, but its a 5 hour trip one way for her?
All I can say it should have been a ban  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #19 on: 14 June 2012, 13:38 »
Unlucky  :grin:

I thought I got caught by the front facing camera on the way home from Norfampton recently, it's been a butt clenching two weeks but nothing now after 2 and half weeks  :cool: I did brake when I saw the camera and have taken it easy since, it's shat me up and made me think twice about speeding.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.