Issues with rust that VW declined to repair under warranty
3 (14.3%)
Issue with rust that you still haven't done anything about
3 (14.3%)
No rust
6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: 24 November 2010, 20:11

Author Topic: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY ***  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Boothy

• Not said much yet
*** VW - RUST & WARRANTY ***
« on: 10 November 2010, 20:11 »
Righty people. By the end of this post people are either going to think “go on my son!” or “WTF is this guy on” and I’ll get booed of stage!
 But sod it. I for one am fed up with VW just bullying there way out of warranty work and offering crap service to people who live for there cars, care for them and lavish countless thousands keeping them perfect.

My Gripe.

Rust seems to be quite a common issue on the MK5 as I’m sure many people will be aware due to the various threads that have been posted.

I’ve had a flick through some of the various threads using the search function and it also seems pretty common that although VW offer a 12 year body they more often than not wriggle out of honouring this warranty.
 Having read some of the threads it also seems that quite a few people have suggested that we all get our heads together and fight VW to get what we deserve – a free, quality repair of the area that has rusted due to a manufacturing defect.

How we go about this I’m not entirely sure but I’m sure, with the backing of other members and forums we can think of something substantial to get under the skin of VW.

Surely if we can compile a document with peoples issues regarding rust and VW’s lack of responsibility are argument will carry more punch. Surely if we contact the car magazines and the papers somebody will take an interest and surely if loads of disgruntled VW owners turn up on there door they will have to listen to our issues and do something about it. Bad press means bad business and that’s about the only place we can hit them I think.

There’s no point in going any further if everyone thinks I’m talking out my a*se so the first port of call is to find out who’d be interested in pulling something like this together. I’ve done a poll at the top to gauge whether there’s genuine interest and to get an idea about the actual number of people affected.
 I’m also going to run this on some other forums too, providing there’s some interest on here.

Thanks for reading.

Boothy 

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
Re: *** VW - RUST & WARRANTY ***
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2010, 20:19 »
Good idea, allthough I currently have no rust on mine.  However I will be removing my arch liners for a look.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2010, 20:48 »
bbc watchdog?

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Boothy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2010, 09:39 »
bbc watchdog?

Definitely an idea but only if we get a lot of support.

Offline Cov golf

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2010, 20:21 »

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2010, 17:36 »
me mk4 has slight rust, i will fix it myself :sad:
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2010, 18:01 »
the mk4 carries the same warranty of 12 years and quite a few of them have developed rust on the arches. if you get the support watchdog is your best idea plus they do some of the leg work for you reading into the paperwork and law behind it..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline houston

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 14 November 2010, 20:19 »
the mk4 carries the same warranty of 12 years and quite a few of them have developed rust on the arches. if you get the support watchdog is your best idea plus they do some of the leg work for you reading into the paperwork and law behind it..

what exactly does it cover tho? i have a stone chip at front of roof and a small patch of rust has appeared, i assume damage like that isnt covered?

but to the op, go for it, surprised youd think anyone would think otherwise

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #8 on: 14 November 2010, 20:45 »
No houston it covers normal paint no chips or scratches that has started to bubble and rust.. They advertise is and make a big deal about it so they must go with they're word and fix the bloody cars..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)