Author Topic: New Brakes.  (Read 948 times)

Offline Eighteen88

• Not said much yet
New Brakes.
« on: 11 November 2021, 06:26 »
I’m looking for some advice on a new set of brakes both front & rear (disc & pads)
Car is sitting at 305bhp and I’ve no plans on increasing this and it won’t be used for track days just normal driving (is that possible in a GTI?) what’s the pros & cons of drilled or grooved disc?

Thanks I’m advance.
Milltek Non Resonated Cat-Back exhaust “edition 35”, Forge PCV Delete, APR Stage 1 Remap & APR DSG Remap, Volkswagen racing intake, Volkswagen racingline sport springs, Audi R8 Coil Pack, GFB DV+

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: New Brakes.
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2021, 07:52 »
You have not said if you have the standard mk6 brakes or not? Larger discs and calipers would be first on my list with that amount of power even if you do not often do spirited drives.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Eighteen88

• Not said much yet
Re: New Brakes.
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2021, 12:49 »
You have not said if you have the standard mk6 brakes or not? Larger discs and calipers would be first on my list with that amount of power even if you do not often do spirited drives.

Sorry, just standard brakes on the car at the moment, don’t plan on changing the callipers unless that’s needed.
Milltek Non Resonated Cat-Back exhaust “edition 35”, Forge PCV Delete, APR Stage 1 Remap & APR DSG Remap, Volkswagen racing intake, Volkswagen racingline sport springs, Audi R8 Coil Pack, GFB DV+