Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627661 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #580 on: 11 June 2013, 22:16 »
yeah i put it in the sales section a couple of weeks ago i think.

i would leave it on purely for looks alone but i dont really drive the car now so might as well et something for my clio with the money. (another milltek probably  :rolleyes:)
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #581 on: 11 June 2013, 22:17 »
buy it off me and you can listen to it whenever you like! :wink:

Which out of the steering / suspension mods had made the most improvement to the handling.

Once i have my map...then on to brake and handling. Start with springs / coilovers  or ARB / WALK?

Thanks
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #582 on: 11 June 2013, 22:18 »

i would leave it on purely for looks alone but i dont really drive the car now so might as well et something for my clio with the money. (another milltek probably  :rolleyes:)

After just reading your last post....what else you selling cheap?  :cool:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #583 on: 11 June 2013, 22:18 »
Claybarred my Golf, have got some more goodies to use too. Fingers crossed the Maguiars DA G220 v2 turns up friday.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #584 on: 11 June 2013, 22:36 »
You seems to have bough a lot of products for your wheel there...

Give a list of exactly what you got bro...and whats with the Maoam  :tongue:

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #585 on: 11 June 2013, 23:01 »
Claybarred my Golf, have got some more goodies to use too. Fingers crossed the Maguiars DA G220 v2 turns up friday.

EX-P is good stuff

been using it a while and really adds to the depth and shine of the paint

really easy on and off too so its always quick to use but if you leave it on an hour or so you get a more 'wet' look to the paint.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #586 on: 11 June 2013, 23:03 »
buy it off me and you can listen to it whenever you like! :wink:

Which out of the steering / suspension mods had made the most improvement to the handling.

Once i have my map...then on to brake and handling. Start with springs / coilovers  or ARB / WALK?

Thanks

all the suspension parts except the B12 kit are sold

i think the WALK was worth having and the sway bar made a difference but i thought the BS kit was crap

the B12 kit is amazing and will most likely be staying on the car as it rides much better as well as handles a bit better and looks spot on to me.

i would possibly sell it for the right money but not bothered really

the exhaust could probably go just to free us some space on my shed more than anything.

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #587 on: 12 June 2013, 06:31 »

I would love to have it but I'm going on my holiday soon and my gf wouldn't be impressed if I spent some of her spending money. You are just down the road from me too
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #588 on: 12 June 2013, 17:24 »
You seems to have bough a lot of products for your wheel there...

Give a list of exactly what you got bro...and whats with the Maoam  :tongue:

Left to Right:
Poorboys wheel cleaner - obviously for the wheels
Poorboys Super Swirl Remover (SSR1) - light swirl remover. (smells of bananas)
Poorboys EX-P - Sealant for after the swirl remover. (smells of coconut)
Valet Pro Dragons Breath - wheel cleaner rumoured very good, supposedly absolutely stinks (not smelt it yet the review I read said that)
Dodo Juice Slippy Refill (dilutes for up to 5 litres)
Dodo Juice Slippy dilute spray bottle. (for Claying)
Poorboys Natty's Paste Red Wax - For after the sealant.(Smells of strawberries)
Dodo Juice Natural Claybars x3 - Use with the Dodo Juice Slippy.
3M Automotive Tape - to stop the Maguiars G220 V2 from touching anything it shouldn't.
Festool Spot Sanding Pads 2000, 3000, 5000 grade - for sanding down touched up stone chips.
Dodo Juice 150mm Fin Pads Black (finishing), Green (Polishing) and Orange (Cutting)
Lake Country CCS Hand Polishing - Polishing Pad x3 - For the non-machine areas.

I also have on order a
Maguiars G220 V2 DA Machine Polisher
Maguiars 7" Finishing Pad
Maguiars 7" Polishing Pad
10 Microfibre cloths
1 Tyre Dressing applicator
1 Festool Spot Sanding device
Poorboys Wheel Sealant Wax

Fingers crossed it all arrives at the weekend and the Rain that's here today goes away, its ruining my nicely clay barred paint work.

Oh and the Maoam are the free sweets the detailers seem to throw in.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #589 on: 12 June 2013, 17:26 »

EX-P is good stuff

been using it a while and really adds to the depth and shine of the paint

really easy on and off too so its always quick to use but if you leave it on an hour or so you get a more 'wet' look to the paint.

That's good to hear about the EX-P I have Tornado Red and I am looking for the wet look.