Author Topic: Cm wheels  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
Cm wheels
« on: 19 February 2021, 18:33 »
Does anyone happen to know if the Vw centre caps fit or do I need to get badges made to fit.

I can no longer live with the richmonds,the fact that they aren’t sided does my head in....one side rotates the right way and one the wrong.

Just can’t decide wether to stick with 18’s or wether to try 19’s.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
Re: CM wheels
« Reply #1 on: 19 February 2021, 23:50 »
56mm centre caps will fit CM Reifnitz 18” wheels. I have a set and put 56mm VW stickers from eBay on the plastic centre caps that come with the wheels and they are very slightly too small but they look okay. They are on sale on eBay under 56mm VW centre caps for £12.95.  I also think you can get original Polo centre caps that I believe are  56 mm and they should fit too. I don’t know the part number but someone here has posted about this before. There are 56mm sets advertised as genuine VW on eBay for circa £42. Here is a photo of the sticker on the centre cap. Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: 20 February 2021, 00:37 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Cm wheels
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2021, 05:48 »
As Ceefeesh says, using the supplied blank caps and adding 56mm eBay domed stickers is the only real solution unfortunately.
I tried a few different genuine VW caps that I had lying around and none of them came anywhere near fitting.
The supplied caps have different lug profiles to OEM VW ones plus a tensioning metal ring.

What style of wheel were you thinking of Dave? Reason I ask is the CMW Estorils in 8J x 19” are advertised at 35mm offset and that’s far too aggressive a fit for a mk8, especially on the front.
Try and stick with ET42 to 45 if running 8” wide.   
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2021, 07:16 »
Thanks for the info,think I’m going for the Pretoria’s as they aren’t directional.

Just keep hesitating as to wether to get 18” or 19”

Offline fuster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2021, 08:14 »
Replacing my Richmonds too and have decided to stick with 18s (Pretoria’s) which I believe were originally made for the Passat / T-Roc.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2021, 09:58 »
Decided to stick with 18”....especially as I’ve just seen how cheap the pilot sport 4s are!  £90 fitted seems a steal to me.

Just need to find the stickers for the wheel centres now.
« Last Edit: 20 February 2021, 10:28 by Dave1rs »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2021, 11:25 »
As posted up by king monkey in the reviews thread, some good angles of a Clubsport wearing 18” OEM Pretorias here  https://youtu.be/5VJOpYf9unI in a much less aggressive offset (needs spacers on this one IMO)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2021, 11:32 »
Looks good, I’m sure I will like it,just can’t find the wheel stickers lol every manufacturer but vw at the moment. Went for Pretoria’s as I’ve always picked 5 spokes....going for these was adventurous for me,but still along a similar line.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2021, 11:54 »
264846408581 Type that in your eBay search and select 56mm   :wink:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fuster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 20 February 2021, 12:01 »
As posted up by king monkey in the reviews thread, some good angles of a Clubsport wearing 18” OEM Pretorias here  https://youtu.be/5VJOpYf9unI in a much less aggressive offset (needs spacers on this one IMO)

Seen a few dealers fitting those dark grey 18 Pretoria’s on their GTI’s as they were a special offer from VW (£1300 including continental tyres).  Without tyres, they’re £275 delivered and can be found on ebay.