Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287241 times)

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1300 on: 13 July 2010, 23:10 »
yeah right I guess you don't remember last year hamilton use to start at back of the grid wishing good luck to guys at front   :grin:

If the season had of started from half way through last year, Hamilton would of had his second world title as he was the leading driver in the second part of the season.

Exactly, Hamilton last season had the highest number of podium finishes in the second half of the season, in a crap car. He had a massive fight on his hands and never gave up. He was increadible to keep up with the likes of Brawn and Red Bull!

And Button, yes while he drove for Honda alot of people didnt want to know him but he has always been known for solid, fluent, consistant driving. Last year he had to mature alot and he did rise to the challenge, i honestly thought he was just good because of the good car but after watching some of his overtaking last year and the risks hhe took you can see he has upped his game. That has also been proved this year with where he stands in the championship this year, i thought he would be miles behind Hamilton but he has had some very impressive drives this season and he is taking the risks! (Turkey when he was fighting Hamilton)

IMO Mclaren have the best team at the moment, the whole team work together brilliant! British or not they would still be the best IMO  :smiley: just makes it all the better that England has a sport to be proud of!!  :grin:

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1301 on: 14 July 2010, 01:36 »
Too much hatred in this thread towards every driver other than Hamilton n button cause both are British 

not so. the only drivers people have stated a dislike for are alonso (cos he a mardy tw4t ), some people dislike vettel and schumacher too but theres been plenty of praise for barrichello, kobyashi , webber , sutil , rosberg....... and personally i hope the non british team and drivers at lotus have a great end to the season too.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #1302 on: 14 July 2010, 08:35 »
yeah right I guess you don't remember last year hamilton use to start at back of the grid wishing good luck to guys at front   :grin:

so did they sit at the back all race, like the ferrari's dis when they had a  bad qualy result? or did they gain lots of places and finish in the points?

i'm not sure we are watching the same f1 series tbh devilz, hamilton stands out as the best driver quite easily, even when the car isn't right he puts it in positions it shouldn't be

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1303 on: 14 July 2010, 09:55 »

Offline 2001gti4

• Here all the time
« Reply #1304 on: 14 July 2010, 09:58 »
He's like a spoilt child, cries when things don't go his way and with an excuse for everything....
My Golf is dead but at least I have this....

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1305 on: 14 July 2010, 10:12 »
to be fair to alonso he didn't get told by his team to let kubica back past , they kept it to themselves. This explains why he accepted his penalty without moaning this week.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #1306 on: 14 July 2010, 11:31 »
Im with Steve on this. Its a British team with 2 British drivers who are the last 2 WORLD CHAMPIONS, why would everyone not be 100% behind them? Strange . . . .

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
« Reply #1307 on: 14 July 2010, 11:37 »
to be fair to alonso he didn't get told by his team to let kubica back past , they kept it to themselves. This explains why he accepted his penalty without moaning this week.

Alonso is the first to winge when someone else is in the wrong but when its him thats in the wrong him and his team throw the teddy out the pram.
Think its about time the FIA rid themselves of the Ferrari International Assistance tag.

Hamilton would be the best driver so far this season.

Cant really praise the driving skills of the red bull team as when everything goes right for them its easy picking, but when things arent right things dont improve much.

Kobyashi has been impressive this season, some good finish's and overtaking

I hope the new upgrade packs work for Mclaren, would love to see them wipe the smile of red bull faces by upgrading and then being quicker then the red bulls by a second or so. Be even better if they did this and then stand people round there car so no one can see what theyve done

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #1308 on: 14 July 2010, 17:53 »
yeah right I guess you don't remember last year hamilton use to start at back of the grid wishing good luck to guys at front   :grin:

yes because at the start of the season he had a car that was probably last seasons equivalent to this seasons Hispania car.

Im guessing you are forgetting that he didnt moan about it, and instead helped the team turn the car from the back marker to the leading car.

If the season had of started from half way through last year, Hamilton would of had his second world title as he was the leading driver in the second part of the season.

There is a massive thing everyone misses about last year!!! the 2009 Brawn was developed through half of 2008 by Honda.. That is well documented! The other thing you are missing is that the days Lewis started at the rear of the pack he was able to push the car to its limits and sometimes beyond them to pick up places.. Its is plain as day simple to see that Lewis is the best driver on the track per say!
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1309 on: 15 July 2010, 18:27 »

yes because at the start of the season he had a car that was probably last seasons equivalent to this seasons Hispania car.

Im guessing you are forgetting that he didnt moan about it, and instead helped the team turn the car from the back marker to the leading car.

There is a massive thing everyone misses about last year!!! the 2009 Brawn was developed through half of 2008 by Honda.. That is well documented! The other thing you are missing is that the days Lewis started at the rear of the pack he was able to push the car to its limits and sometimes beyond them to pick up places.. Its is plain as day simple to see that Lewis is the best driver on the track per say!

Agreed! but saying that, Lewis has never been at the back of the feild  :huh:

His days in GP2 were amazing to watch! The race in Malasia when he finished 1st after starting at the back! Increadible!!!!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept