Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287244 times)

Offline bomp

• Here all the time
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #740 on: 13 January 2010, 12:56 »
Doesn't really say much we haven't heard before, but of interest I think:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80826

Yeah, was reading this somewhere yesterday. I reckon they'll choose the Audi name, maybe.  :undecided:
Life is like a skid mark on a toilet bowl.  Sooner or later someone\\\'s going to pi$$ you off.

Offline Komenda

• I live here
« Reply #741 on: 13 January 2010, 15:55 »
Doesn't really say much we haven't heard before, but of interest I think:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80826

Yeah, was reading this somewhere yesterday. I reckon they'll choose the Audi name, maybe.  :undecided:

Nah, Audi are into their Endurance racing until at least 2012 and the DTM programme. Reckon VW will put their name on an F1 engine, failing that they may have a stab at touring cars or the new style WRC if the new rules attract more manufacturers. They've done pretty well on the Dakar.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #742 on: 14 January 2010, 10:00 »

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #743 on: 14 January 2010, 10:02 »
like when he wanted to put the medal system  :grin: I think age is starting to affect him badly.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #744 on: 14 January 2010, 10:05 »
he's been playing too much mario kart

next announcement-

'from next season all drivers will be permitted to use 3 banana skins per race'
« Last Edit: 14 January 2010, 10:07 by veedubgti16v »

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #745 on: 14 January 2010, 11:00 »
I still love the fact he's got a 30-yr old girlfriend. Can't think what part of his £2.5 Billion fortune could have attracted her...  :grin: :rolleyes:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #746 on: 14 January 2010, 11:17 »
something does need to be done about overtaking though.  Can't the rear wing be worked on further to increase drag on the car in front but aid the car behind?  All you get is cars stuck 1.5secs behind in 'dirty air' and unable to do anything about it.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #747 on: 15 January 2010, 00:59 »
something does need to be done about overtaking though.  Can't the rear wing be worked on further to increase drag on the car in front but aid the car behind?  All you get is cars stuck 1.5secs behind in 'dirty air' and unable to do anything about it.

well thats where the manual adjustment of the front wing should come into play  :smiley: should definately give them a better tow if they set it up at the right time in the slip stream

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #748 on: 15 January 2010, 12:21 »

Its SOO frustrating isn't it. First thing that comes to mind was Button at the last race, he was MILES faster than Webber and closed him right down, but then got stuck behind him and just couldn't get past him.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #749 on: 15 January 2010, 12:24 »

Its SOO frustrating isn't it. First thing that comes to mind was Button at the last race, he was MILES faster than Webber and closed him right down, but then got stuck behind him and just couldn't get past him.
Well the whole point of the 2009 season having new aero packages was to aid that but they didn't really help...Yes they got to the back of the opponents faster but once they were behind as you say at about a second and a half or so they just couldn't move. Now they will be banning wheel spinners and the car wills be wider so hopefully see some more action.