Author Topic: Electric window problem. It works but it doesn't.  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Gicho

• Not said much yet
Electric window problem. It works but it doesn't.
« on: 23 August 2022, 21:42 »
Greetings to all.

I know this question may have been asked before but I can't find it.

The basic problem is this: the motor works, I can hear it. I removed the door card. The glass is all the way down into the inner door. After pressing the button for down the motor cycles through all the way to the bottom and stops. At this point the glass can not be moved.

After pressing the button for the motor to go up, it cycles through and stops at the top where it should. The glass doesn't move upwards as it doesn't appear to be attached to the motor BUT I can manually push it up all the way to the top now.

So to reiterate, if the button is pressed to activate the motor into the fully down position the glass will not move. After pressing the button for the motor to go all the way to the top the glass (which isn't attached to anything and isn't moving either way) can now be manually pushed to the top so that the window is in the closed position.

What is broken? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you

Gicho
« Last Edit: 23 August 2022, 21:44 by Gicho »

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: Electric window problem. It works but it doesn't.
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2022, 22:34 »
Sounds like the cable which the motor either winds in or out (which moves the glass up or down) has snapped.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Electric window problem. It works but it doesn't.
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2022, 18:18 »
New regulators with motors are around £50 from VW Heritage, so not too expensive to buy another for a simple fix. The repro ones do have a different plug to the OEM, so that depends how fussy you are about 'modifying' your existing wiring loom.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.