Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 437892 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Re: LL's Mk3 1.8t [projectninetynine]
« Reply #2290 on: 21 March 2011, 11:05 »
Is it not illegal to run with no bonnet :smiley:

As it happens it's not. "Shakey" on E38 ran one for ages, constantly got pulled but had some documents stating it was actually legal.

Wouldn't have thought it though, hitting your head on a manifold might hurt a bit.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2291 on: 21 March 2011, 11:56 »

As it happens it's not. "Shakey" on E38 ran one for ages, constantly got pulled but had some documents stating it was actually legal.

Wouldn't have thought it though, hitting your head on a manifold might hurt a bit.

Would love to know how that can be legal, surely you could be prosecuted for endangering pedestrians and other road users.  :undecided:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #2292 on: 21 March 2011, 12:26 »

Would love to know how that can be legal, surely you could be prosecuted for endangering pedestrians and other road users.  :undecided:

Surely issuing licenses to the 90% of people that have one breaks that rule...

I don't see how it could be an issue, if your only running that for looks then you clearly look after your car and value your license. That would suggest safer driving then those in such things as halfords corsa's. If you decide to walk out infront of a car, that;s kind of your own fault...

Though if you had an engine fault, or your expansion tank blew up that could be an issue!!  :grin:

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #2293 on: 21 March 2011, 12:38 »

Trust me, I was shocked too. I'll have a search but he never once got done but got pulled about 12 times in a month and had a squad of something like 6 cars up and down the motorway junting him down.  :laugh:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline archie837

• I live here
« Reply #2294 on: 21 March 2011, 13:47 »
When we hopped up to inters last year, stoppd off in a services to take the bonnet of Als mk2. As we left to rejoin the motorway vosa were there doing checks on cars as they left - we didn't get pulled over by them.
Project longterm Airbanger.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=163335.0

PD150 Anni daily

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2295 on: 21 March 2011, 17:56 »
I'm not too sure i like that.."tamer"...that's not how i like to remember it!  :grin:

Looks fapping awesome though! Is that a gold bay with purple engine?  :cool: Loving the wheels too

I can see why you prefer the box though, i will for ever name your gear changes "Slam in, slam out!"  :grin:

Will have to get over and see this again!!  :cool:

Haha, its just means when I drop the right foot, it doesn't spin the wheels up as easy. Before it would just spin up when you added throttle and was harder to control the power and getting it down. Now its much easier and traction isn't as much of a problem - bigger turbo? :D

It is gold and purple :cool: :D

Sounds good! :)

Don't fancy some mint condition heated bora ST front seats do ya? ;)

Cars looking good mate!

Maybe! PM me buddy, I need piccies :D

Thanks man :)

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
Re: LL's MK3 1.4 '96
« Reply #2296 on: 21 March 2011, 22:01 »

I'm 17 and so don't always know whats best :p

finding this site is a good start mate.  :wink:

have a look on the "show us pics of your mk3" in the mk3 section for some good ideas.

the best thing about having a more basic model is that upgrade parts are usually plentiful due to people breaking GTI's.

keep it subtle:smiley:

i see you paid no attention to me on page 1 of this thread! well done  :grin:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2297 on: 21 March 2011, 22:29 »
Haha now that is a massive lol. Best comment of the thread!

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #2298 on: 21 March 2011, 23:41 »
It's legal to run with no bonnet as long as all moving parts are covered :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #2299 on: 22 March 2011, 09:45 »
Fooking hell!.... every time I look at this thread something changes colour or the wheels change etc!... will you ever be happy with anything for longer than a couple of weeks!?  :grin: