Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 437898 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's Mk3 1.8t [projectninetynine]
« Reply #1930 on: 25 January 2011, 10:00 »
EPIC FAIL Danny, its work on my PC. I thought you were an IT dude? :D

Wheels were going white and I was going to get creative with vinyl.
Then was thinking a fluo color - yellow, green or orange.
Now I've something else in mind. The powder-coating I want done has an effect but the main color can be bought from graff-city. Depending on price of the powder-coating, I might just rattle can them

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1931 on: 25 January 2011, 10:20 »

Now I've something else in mind. The powder-coating I want done has an effect but the main color can be bought from graff-city. Depending on price of the powder-coating, I might just rattle can them

Epic fail on my side :D must of been blocked by global, i'm an IT geek but global controls the blocked websites / images :cry:

Yeaah, dude going to order a few colours from Graffcity when i get the chance, Rattle can FTW ;) considering getting the steels powder coated because my mates dad owns a company that does it but i dont wanna get all the work done then change my mind on the colour a few weeks after :D would vinyl work very well on wheels?

Dan

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #1932 on: 25 January 2011, 10:58 »
Dan fail! Pic works for me, and i think it is what your thinking :grin:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1933 on: 25 January 2011, 10:59 »

Epic fail on my side :D must of been blocked by global, i'm an IT geek but global controls the blocked websites / images :cry:

Yeaah, dude going to order a few colours from Graffcity when i get the chance, Rattle can FTW ;) considering getting the steels powder coated because my mates dad owns a company that does it but i dont wanna get all the work done then change my mind on the colour a few weeks after :D would vinyl work very well on wheels?

Dan

Vinyl would be fine I would think. Never tested brake dust/road grit on it lol, but don't see why that would affect it.

Mmmm, that's what I'm thinking, I'll probs change my mind again and I don't want to pay out for powdercoating and have the hassle of getting the tyres off and on and also I don't like relying on other people to get things done on time!

I think this time I'll rattle can it the color I had in mind for the coating. Cheap and easy.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #1934 on: 25 January 2011, 11:25 »
New page fail on my part ^ haha.

What is Graff-City? I need to get some paint for my wheels in a couple of months :smiley: Nothing crazy though I dont think lol

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1935 on: 25 January 2011, 11:36 »
Danny intro'd it to me, I'm guessing its a graffiti paint website, but the paint is cheap and the choice is immense!

Oh and I have just had my ball joints put on my desk! Ordered them midday yesterday :cool:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1936 on: 25 January 2011, 11:44 »
Would imagine it being a pain in the arse on the edges / under the lips near tyres and then if dirt got under it and stuff, rattle can still wins in my opinion ;) i wanna see colour!!

and Dec don't be boring, crazy coloured wheels ftw! :laugh:

Dan

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1937 on: 25 January 2011, 12:16 »
Would imagine it being a pain in the arse on the edges / under the lips near tyres and then if dirt got under it and stuff, rattle can still wins in my opinion ;) i wanna see colour!!

Dan

What you refering to here? Coating or vinyl?

You'll see the color in time, I don't know how it will turn out, so gotta wait and see myself :D

Yeah Dec, don't be boring!

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1938 on: 25 January 2011, 12:20 »

Dan

You'll see the color in time, I don't know how it will turn out, so gotta wait and see myself :D

Vinyl.. i think :D and sweeet, you ordered it?

Pfft, dec..

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1939 on: 25 January 2011, 12:32 »

Dan

Vinyl.. i think :D and sweeet, you ordered it?

Pfft, dec..

I think vinyl would be fine, we'll see, might end up adding some vinyls anyway.

On the verge of ordering, but really can't make my mind up 100% :D