Author Topic: Peter S. Taylor & Co. = cheap classic car cover!  (Read 4259 times)

Offline bodga

• Here all the time
  • F reg GTI 16v
Peter S. Taylor & Co. = cheap classic car cover!
« on: 29 March 2011, 22:48 »
I took my valver off the road last october when the tax and insurance ran out.Insurance renewal quote was £151.(my nice brother inlaw let me keep it in his garage over winter months :cool:).

I have been shopping round the last few weeks for some classic insurance for my mk2. Had quote off last years insurer (lancaster) £225  :cry: tried a few others, limited milage etc, cheapest quote was £186. I nearly paid it because im seeing a lot of dry sunny days now and my valver needs me behind the wheel again:wink:

Rang peter taylor this morning, saw the ad in classic car mart, (also has a MK1 & MK2 buyers guide in there) They only quoted me £89 :grin: :grin: :grin:

got my flexy friend out and paid over the phone.

Worth a phone call :wink: :wink: 01273 820303

Bear in mind im no spring chicken (38 years old) and i have a company car as a daily but its still cheap

Forgot to add, its fully comp too
« Last Edit: 29 March 2011, 22:49 by bodga »

Offline Mew

• I live here
Re: Peter S. Taylor & Co. = cheap classic car cover!
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2011, 16:24 »
For anyone about to call these guys, you have to be 25 or over

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2011, 16:11 »
my quote was £2 more than yours!!  :sad:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2011, 21:37 »
they emailed today wanting to know valuations etc  :undecided:

Offline NickH-D

• Not said much yet
  • '87 Golf GTi Mk2
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2011, 12:41 »
GUTTED!!

I dialled the number and as it was ringing, scrolled down and saw you mention being 25, gotta wait for December to turn 25! lol  :angry:
1987 (E) Golf GTi MK2
2009 (59) Fiat 500
2010 (60) Corsa-D

Offline bodga

• Here all the time
  • F reg GTI 16v
« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2011, 22:00 »

They sent we a letter a while ago now asking for pictures so they could agree on a valuation. Ive never bothered with it. Havent had time TBH and mine isnt exactly showroom condition  :rolleyes:

Glad someone else had a good deal!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2011, 14:10 »

They sent we a letter a while ago now asking for pictures so they could agree on a valuation. Ive never bothered with it. Havent had time TBH and mine isnt exactly showroom condition  :rolleyes:

i went with footman james in the end.. I was sticking the mrs on the policy and FJ do an agreed valuation, european breakdown with full recovery and 4500miles on the policy so it was worth going for imo... got a nice discount with the mk1 OC so it was all worthwhile

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2011, 14:11 »

btw - i did their valuation and they came back with £4k... quite good seeing as I purchased the car for £2k :)

Offline bodga

• Here all the time
  • F reg GTI 16v
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2011, 15:14 »

btw - i did their valuation and they came back with £4k... quite good seeing as I purchased the car for £2k :)

bloody hell!!!!

i think i should send my pictures then. it dont owe me a lot, thats why i havent bothered, I only paid £150 for it :wink:

My mrs wont drive mine or even step a foot in it :grin: so ive just got my dad on as a named driver to keep the price down :wink:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2011, 21:59 »

bloody hell!!!!

i think i should send my pictures then. it dont owe me a lot, thats why i havent bothered, I only paid £150 for it :wink:

My mrs wont drive mine or even step a foot in it :grin: so ive just got my dad on as a named driver to keep the price down :wink:

quality  :cool: