Author Topic: Need cover for monday  (Read 1544 times)

Offline benjo

• GTI forum regular
Need cover for monday
« on: 30 July 2010, 09:14 »
Hey

I'm getting my car back on the road next week, so looking at insurance to start this monday.

I'm 20, 0ncb, 3 years driving experience (no claims, just been a named driver and had to cancel a policy). Driving a Mk2 1.6 Driver.

Been quoted £470 by elephant/admiral/bell by adding my parents onto the policy.

Am I likely to beat this price? I'm going to give HIC a phone later to see what they can do :)

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
Re: Need cover for monday
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2010, 10:09 »
Sounds like a decent quote to me Mate....you will be lucky to beat it without no claims.

Offline benjo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2010, 10:31 »
Was just what I was thinking  :smiley:

Thanks

Offline benjo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2010, 13:53 »
Well HIC seemed a waste of time, they passed me on to another company who are apparently "great". They don't even cover TPFT   :undecided:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2010, 14:12 »
Well HIC seemed a waste of time, they passed me on to another company who are apparently "great". They don't even cover TPFT   :undecided:

A lot of companies don't want to deal with TPFT insurance these days hence why you end up getting silly quotes

They'd much rather have you insured comprehensively

Offline benjo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2010, 14:20 »

A lot of companies don't want to deal with TPFT insurance these days hence why you end up getting silly quotes

They'd much rather have you insured comprehensively

I just went ahead and bought the policy from Admiral, don't think I'm going to beat it :)