Author Topic: Recomending Greenlight!  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Benh_84

• Not said much yet
Recomending Greenlight!
« on: 29 January 2010, 15:51 »
I bought a mk3 8v GTI last week and was getting quotes in the region of 800-1000 minimum to insure third party fire and theft. I'm 25 and had 5 years no claims, contacted contacted my current insurer (Equity red star) with who i had a month left before my poilicy ended and they told me they wouldn't insure me on a Golf GTI full stop. I was pretty pissed at that point, as until then in my eyes they had been a good company. Anyway i contacted Greenlight after seeing them recomended on here and they quoted me £379 for a years TPF&T, which was around £300 cheaper than anyone else. I also explained that i had problems with my current insurer, getting my 5th year no claims and that I couldnt wait because i already had a buyer for my old car! After a few seconds on hold they said that they could give me the same quote price for 4 years no claims, so i called up Equity red star and cancelled straight away lol

Also i forgot to mention the quote included telling them that it is lowered and has 17s on.

So overall i recomend them to anyone for being helpful and giving a great quote!

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
Re: Recomending Greenlight!
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2010, 10:22 »
I bought a mk3 8v GTI last week and was getting quotes in the region of 800-1000 minimum to insure third party fire and theft. I'm 25 and had 5 years no claims, contacted contacted my current insurer (Equity red star) with who i had a month left before my poilicy ended and they told me they wouldn't insure me on a Golf GTI full stop. I was pretty pissed at that point, as until then in my eyes they had been a good company. Anyway i contacted Greenlight after seeing them recomended on here and they quoted me £379 for a years TPF&T, which was around £300 cheaper than anyone else. I also explained that i had problems with my current insurer, getting my 5th year no claims and that I couldnt wait because i already had a buyer for my old car! After a few seconds on hold they said that they could give me the same quote price for 4 years no claims, so i called up Equity red star and cancelled straight away lol

Also i forgot to mention the quote included telling them that it is lowered and has 17s on.

So overall i recomend them to anyone for being helpful and giving a great quote!

This is probably why ERS wouldn't quote as a lot of "mainstream" insurers don't like modded cars  :smiley:

Glad you're sorted now.

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline shorty0100397

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf TDI 100bhp
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2010, 14:50 »
Nice to hear it, i might try in march.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2010, 20:49 »
I can fully recommend Adrian Flux. £650 with a shedload of mods declared (all are declared I'll have you know lol). When I took out the policy I was 20 with 1 NCB, and my previous insurer was Admiral on a 10 month accelerator, I informed Adrian Flux about this but after the policy has been confirmed, but they said no worries, they will keep the price the same (they don't accept 10 month accelerators as a form of NCB).