Author Topic: It’s all about the bass...  (Read 4752 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: It’s all about the bass...
« Reply #20 on: 14 May 2021, 15:33 »
Thanks for that fredgroves,  :smiley: good work and thanks also to the ever resourceful Massimo :afro:
I reckon you’re right, it *should* all work ok.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #21 on: 14 May 2021, 16:01 »
Audison definitely does work, that I can tell you. Think there was someone on here with a Mk8 GTD with it.

Helix, probably and it can't be doing anything different.

Although I don't know if you get any special controls on the mib unit for adjustments... got a feeling you might not but did you on the Mk7??? :undecided:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 14 May 2021, 16:14 »
Audison definitely does work, that I can tell you. Think there was someone on here with a Mk8 GTD with it.

Helix, probably and it can't be doing anything different.

Although I don't know if you get any special controls on the mib unit for adjustments... got a feeling you might not but did you on the Mk7??? :undecided:

The MIB on the mk8 does have a basic ‘equaliser’ to set bass, treble and mid even without HK
I’m quite open to something like Audison if the sub could go under the passenger seat to avoid wiring the full length of the cab.
Obviously the Helix can be set up with the VW dongle in a mk7 (same cabin obviously but lacks the mk8 dash speaker).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #23 on: 14 May 2021, 16:49 »
Remember you've got an amp and a sub to hide somewhere....

the guy on here had the sub in the spare wheel well, plus the amp attached to the rear seat back.... not ideal really.

My HK amp is behind a panel in the left hand side of the boot, not sure if a third party one could fit there?

Some older cars I had put the amp under the passenger seat and the sub in the boot...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Don76

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 14 May 2021, 22:21 »
I’m that guy with the Audison set up 👋

Here’s a couple of pics.
I’m yet to find a problem with the Amp position, but Perhaps it would be aesthetically pleasing to have it hidden, but practically it doesn’t pose an issue for me.

Offline theminty1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 14 May 2021, 22:35 »
The amp isn't even big. Modern amps are so much more compact. If you are happy then that's what counts.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 15 May 2021, 05:55 »
I’d prefer an amp and sub all in one for simplicity
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner