Author Topic: 306 D Turbo - car #11, how long will this one stay for? place your bets..  (Read 15647 times)

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
all you need to do is block the air intake to stop it

Or just chuck it in 5th and stall it.

Down Hill From Here.

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
it's a bit of fun  :grin:
cooked the brakes and boiled the coolant yesterday, don't think the little boy racers in there saxo vtr's liked being overtaken by a diesel  :grin: :grin:
They were probably just a bit confused as to why a primered up pug went pass them, unable to stop and in a cloud of steam.
nope, i'd say they were definitely trying, when he asked what bhp I was running  :grin:

it's a bit of fun  :grin:
cooked the brakes and boiled the coolant yesterday, don't think the little boy racers in there saxo vtr's liked being overtaken by a diesel  :grin: :grin:

How did you possibly boil the coolant on a diesel!

I feel this cars early demise is imminent, my money is on the Turbo sucking up the engine oil!

Thom
going to top it up with fresh coolant, the car was getting to about 95 degrees, the fan kicks in at 90 so i thought i'd let it cool down a tad, noticed a leak, I think the rad may be leaking slightly also so will check that tomorrow
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline luke

• I live here
now lowered it  :grin: 150mm on the rear and bump stops on the front, checked the brakes whilst it was in the air, front pads and discs look fairly new, so think the servo is on its way out
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline luke

• I live here
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline leegt5

• I live here
I had one of them before the Golf. Bought it to save a bit on fuel and as said they're not really any better than a petrol.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
in a few years you will look back at these cars and think what the fcuk was i playing at!?! :grin:

Offline luke

• I live here
in a few years you will look back at these cars and think what the fcuk was i playing at!?! :grin:
I do already  :grin:
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline luke

• I live here
next few weeks it's going matte black, being highered a little bit, new clutch, wheel bearing, tyres, fix brakes, fix power steering and a service
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline luke

• I live here
well it didn't last long  :grin: :grin:
driving to the dirty stancing meet in coventry today, exhaust fell down and was scraping, then top end knocking and turbo seals on the way out, being scrapped in tomorrow
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
If you start modding that, I will 100% guarantee you that you'll end up ballsing it, and create a car that no longer runs... absolutely no need whatsoever to adjust anything :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Just drive it and end enjoy it, at 150k its not even run in yet, just mint it up, and slam it!

Thom

And thank you... should have had a tenner on that!

Thom