Author Topic: Project Slow - Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI...  (Read 63683 times)

Offline Dec

• I live here
Re: Project Slow - Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI...
« Reply #400 on: 17 July 2011, 23:55 »
Hmm not too keen on red, I'm keeping this pretty subtle really and don't want anything to stand out too much and especially not look tacky, which red, if done wrong, could :undecided:

I was thinking of putting a black badge on just so it shows up in the reflections and certain angles and stuff, but then I thought about maybe doing the front and rear a graphite colour to match the wheels, but still less sharp/bright than the chrome :undecided:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #401 on: 17 July 2011, 23:59 »
Hmm not too keen on red, I'm keeping this pretty subtle really and don't want anything to stand out too much and especially not look tacky, which red, if done wrong, could :undecided:

I was thinking of putting a black badge on just so it shows up in the reflections and certain angles and stuff, but then I thought about maybe doing the front and rear a graphite colour to match the wheels, but still less sharp/bright than the chrome :undecided:

What about black faces to the OOOO but with red on the inside edges?

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #402 on: 18 July 2011, 09:20 »
Badge in silver rather than chrome? Less blingy but still looks original. Graphite sounds good too  :cool:
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #403 on: 18 July 2011, 09:24 »
Badge in silver rather than chrome? Less blingy but still looks original. Graphite sounds good too  :cool:

This...

Red on black is going to be my theme so hands off!...  :grin: I jest but Dec you have a point, Red on black always goes well but can easily look OTT on a modern car.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #404 on: 28 July 2011, 14:01 »
Still not sorted out the rear :rolleyes: and the little bit of camber due to lowering is worrying me about tyre wear :rolleyes:

Nevermind.. Everyone loves edited pictures :smiley:

Having a 'proper' cleaning session on Saturday.. meaning I'm actually going to give it a wash, polish and wax as it hasn't seen a bucket for a few weeks :lipsrsealed:

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #405 on: 28 July 2011, 14:59 »
Still not sorted out the rear :rolleyes: and the little bit of camber due to lowering is worrying me about tyre wear :rolleyes:
Unless you're running Dmonday levels of camber I wouldn't worry about it  :grin:
Car looks seriously mean from the front  :cool:
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #406 on: 28 July 2011, 15:01 »
Cheers dude :)

Nowhere near dans amount ha! But tyres have gotta last me as long as possible really, considering I do almost 30k a year lol

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #407 on: 28 July 2011, 15:29 »
Unless you're running Dmonday levels of camber I wouldn't worry about it  :grin:
Car looks seriously mean from the front  :cool:

Agree, looks hard!

If the camber worries you, you know what to do.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #408 on: 28 July 2011, 15:31 »
Looks mean.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #409 on: 28 July 2011, 15:50 »
Thanks chaps :grin:

If the camber worries me enough then i'll get camber adjustment bolts :tongue: It's not that bad, the last tyres lasted me 20k on the front, and the rears should last me another 5-10k. The fronts after 20k were not a pretty sight, and I hope I never leave it so late to buy tyres again...