Author Topic: Project Slow - Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI...  (Read 63671 times)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Re: Project Slow - Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI...
« Reply #390 on: 15 July 2011, 15:18 »
car looks sweet mate i like them wheels and the colour.. you fully wound down on coilovers ??

Nah I think he could go lower if it wasn't a daily.

i have only 2 threads left on my coilovers on 17's  :lipsrsealed: and its my daily  :kiss:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #391 on: 16 July 2011, 02:14 »
Thanks for the comments guys! Anything else after getting the bits sprayed will be small and cheap mods!

Haha mine needs to be able to take 4/5 people and get over speed bumps occasionally, so don't think I'll go any lower just yet! Need to get camber adjustment on the rear too as that's a pita at the mo!

Got about 10mm left on the front but all the way down on the back, if I lower it more on the front then I'd take the adjuster cup out of the rear and put the original rubber cup back in. The sill sits level at the mo so it would need all round lowering to pull it off :)

Tyres are crazy low profile, majorly bumpy and on full lock it looks like there isn't any tyre on the rim!! Would like to get a set of 19's for it but if I do then it wont be for about a year or so, got some big bills coming up with the cambelt needing doing again in 6-8 months :(

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #392 on: 16 July 2011, 11:59 »
Im with you on the above as there are a load of bits and bobs that i want to buy but im not going to as i want to change the cambelt in 6-8 months.. i need to change another CV joint and loads of tarting up before big mods  :smiley: if you decide to sell the Sline wheels let me know  :wink:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #393 on: 16 July 2011, 14:49 »
Im with you on the above as there are a load of bits and bobs that i want to buy but im not going to as i want to change the cambelt in 6-8 months.. i need to change another CV joint and loads of tarting up before big mods  :smiley: if you decide to sell the Sline wheels let me know  :wink:

Yeah better to prepare for that sort of thing :) I had the cambelt done just over a year and a half ago when I first got it, and already done 50k :( Sooo will need doing again soon lol Yeah I'll give you a shout mate, the guy I got them from wants first dibs on them though. They were off his A4 so are wider and concave a bit compared to the stock ones from A3's :)

Heres a shot of the rear, with the wiper but with no badge... Not feeling it really :undecided:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #394 on: 16 July 2011, 16:01 »
See thats the same as what mine looked like and to me it was a bit plain.. after fitting the black OOOO badge it just breaks the rear up a bit.. im going to de-wiper the rear of mine aswell.. If your not keen why not get another OOOO badge ??

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #395 on: 17 July 2011, 12:36 »
See thats the same as what mine looked like and to me it was a bit plain.. after fitting the black OOOO badge it just breaks the rear up a bit.. im going to de-wiper the rear of mine aswell.. If your not keen why not get another OOOO badge ??

Yeah not keen at all really. Think its a combo of the wiper and the rear bumper not being the same shape as some of the other ones that i've seen. Deffo going to de-wiper and get another badge for it, totally skin this month though :lipsrsealed: been buying house crap lol

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #396 on: 17 July 2011, 12:50 »
tbh, i prefer it with a oooo bage, every one knows its a audi, why try and hide it! lol if it was a black badge it would be there but be hidden!

also, id loose the rear wiper  :rolleyes:

but its lookin good bro :)

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #397 on: 17 July 2011, 13:32 »

Yeah not keen at all really. Think its a combo of the wiper and the rear bumper not being the same shape as some of the other ones that i've seen. Deffo going to de-wiper and get another badge for it, totally skin this month though :lipsrsealed: been buying house crap lol

what colour badge you after ??

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #398 on: 17 July 2011, 18:09 »

what colour badge you after ??

Red :lipsrsealed:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #399 on: 17 July 2011, 20:03 »
i think the red black look on a black car looks cool.. i want to go for a blue/black/carbon look  :cool: