Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2781957 times)

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8910 on: 21 October 2018, 17:19 »
Took advantage of the great weather to prep the car for winter...and also wanted to stay of the roads in case I was blinded by a shiny black R, understand Booth11 was in my part of gods own country this weekend  :smiley:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8911 on: 21 October 2018, 18:45 »
A cracking job, mine next ?

Thanks.  :smiley:

Clean your own car you lazy....  :laugh:

Drove mine from home in west London to Whitby, North Yorkshire for a short holiday. Due to a road closure it ended up as a smidgen under 300 miles. Car drove great, four adults and a bootful and still averaged over 41mpg even with some 80+ long sections. Very comfortable and relaxing. Saw a fair few Rs and GTIs too :smiley:

Sounds a great drive.  Have a lovely hol Watts. 

I had a great trip up today too. Slightly less mpg than you though Watts.  :whistle: :grin:

I'm down in Pickering this weekend Watts, fortunately the A64 road closure is below where we came from. Weather was cracking today with of course fantastic scenery as usual in North Yorkshire.

And a great hol for you Chris!

Took advantage of the great weather to prep the car for winter...and also wanted to stay of the roads in case I was blinded by a shiny black R, understand Booth11 was in my part of gods own country this weekend  :smiley:

Haha Pixwix :laugh: I’m sure your car is looking very lovely.  I am indeed in Gods Own Country for the week, visiting my folks.  I come from round these here parts.  :smiley:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline GTi Andy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8912 on: 21 October 2018, 18:48 »
Hard wired my dash cam in today.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8913 on: 21 October 2018, 20:07 »
Drove mine from home in west London to Whitby, North Yorkshire for a short holiday. Due to a road closure it ended up as a smidgen under 300 miles. Car drove great, four adults and a bootful and still averaged over 41mpg even with some 80+ long sections. Very comfortable and relaxing. Saw a fair few Rs and GTIs too :smiley:

I had a great trip up today too. Slightly less mpg than you though Watts.  :whistle:

Cheers, enjoy your break too :smiley: Looking like another great day in Yorkshire tomorrow!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8914 on: 21 October 2018, 21:22 »
A cracking job, mine next ?

Thanks.  :smiley:

Clean your own car you lazy....  :laugh:

I had a great trip up today too. Slightly less mpg than you though Watts.  :whistle: :grin:

I'm down in Pickering this weekend Watts, fortunately the A64 road closure is below where we came from. Weather was cracking today with of course fantastic scenery as usual in North Yorkshire.

And a great hol for you Chris!

Haha Pixwix :laugh: I’m sure your car is looking very lovely.  I am indeed in Gods Own Country for the week, visiting my folks.  I come from round these here parts.  :smiley:
Enjoy your week too Rebecca. Weather looks to be good all week aswell.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Pretzel

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8915 on: 21 October 2018, 21:31 »

Which dash-cam did you use?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8916 on: 21 October 2018, 21:57 »
Can highly recommend the train, more brilliant scenery along the way 👍

We missed the early train so could only go as far as Goathland but a nice day out all the same :smiley: Hope you had a good day too!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline GTi Andy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8917 on: 21 October 2018, 22:10 »

Which dash-cam did you use?

My current Nextbase 212.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8918 on: 22 October 2018, 12:44 »
Drove it to Yorkshire (yesterday).

My hosts are less than impressed. 

« Last Edit: 22 October 2018, 12:46 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8919 on: 22 October 2018, 14:14 »
Less than impressed with what? Your driving? Your choice of car? It looks like the truck would have been better suited for the surroundings.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.