Author Topic: Jimmy Filth - 16v GTI  (Read 16017 times)

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
Re: Jimmy Filth - 16v GTI
« Reply #10 on: 18 November 2010, 23:34 »
I know it's not to everyone's taste, but I think I'm gonna retrim my headliner in the material below.  It's either that or Paisley.

I know it's not to everyone's taste..

7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2011, 13:35 »
Ok, so I haven't done too much work to the Golf over the Christmas period, but I have been a busy busy boy on the spending front.

First off I have ordered the bumper vents from here, a B3 Passat lip as the VR6 one died, some Vinyl wrap for the roof and a tonne of LED's to change the green ones in the car to another colour.  Thinking red controls and blue displays to match the mk4.

I also had trouble with the alarm and fob so that has all been disconnected.  I'm waiting on a new alarm now.  While this was done I also got a Kenwood KDC-6047U headunit fitted so I can plug my iPod into it and have all the music in the world.  It's a great headunit and thanks to the boys at Chelmsford Car Audio for that.

I also bought a heated leather interior, but am waiting on the wiring looms and relays to arrive before I fit that.  Fitting will give me a good chance to get into the interior and give it a really really good clean, plus I'll already have all of the dash out so may change the bulbs then. 

I'll get some pics up as soon as all of this is done.

Oh, I'm also in negotiations for some wheels at the minute too.
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 28 January 2011, 13:31 »
So the 12v LED's all turned up the other day, as did the wiring looms for the heated seats.  I did plan to do it on my days off but am currently laid up in bed on a shed load of codeine after aggravating my sciatic nerve after falling down the stairs.

Seems i have the withered body of a pensioner... :cry:

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 30 January 2011, 22:26 »
Ok, so I fitted the leather seats today, but the heating isn't working which is annoying.  Gonna try and get that sorted this week.

Also, the new splitter turned up today along with a few other trinkets.  I also have the bumper vents bought from here and I started the transformation from green to red/blue in the dashboard.

Once it's all done and light tomorrow I'll get some pics up.

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 08 February 2011, 16:19 »
The vinyl turned up today.

I promise, I will get some pics up soon, but I haven't really been paying the car much attention recently.  I've fitted the front vents and the B3 Passat spoiler turned up recently so have to fit that.

I'm also toying with the idea of smoothing over the front indicators/foglights, although am worried that this may be a bit of an extreme mod....

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 08 February 2011, 22:45 »
A few quick pics of the dash.  I still need to change the LCD displays in the speedo for red, and one of the switches doesn't light up for whatever reason, so will strip that one down again.  I'm not too embaressed as it's my first ever attempt.

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 09 February 2011, 14:05 »
Ok, so I finally got round to taking pics of the interior and headunit, plus I fitted the bumper vents and the splitter from the B3 Passat.

First, the headunit and the seats....

Now, the splitter.  To fit this was awkward.  I had to cut off and flatten the bottom of the bumper, where the normal splitters clip in.  It was then a case of drilling holes and a sh!t tonne of pot rivets.  It doesn't fit 100% perfectly as they are obviously a different car, but I like it....

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 16 February 2011, 15:47 »
A mate came over today and helped with the vinyl roof.  I say helped, cos my back is still super bad he pretty much did it for me. Hahaha.  There are a few wrinkles in one of the corners, but that's getting covered with something else soon anyways. Haha.

I had a Carhartt sticker that I was saving for the vinyl too.  I think it looks good.  Will look better when I've got the black banded steels on it.  Anyways,  Here it is...

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #18 on: 16 February 2011, 23:27 »
sterling effort should do the sunroof as well !
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 16 February 2011, 23:37 »
sterling effort should do the sunroof as well !

I was tempted, but I quite like the fact I can see through it from the inside.  Maybe some black Lamin-x??