Author Topic: Rhyso's 205bhp Posh Golf....Gone :(  (Read 230859 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Rhyso's new car..............
« Reply #80 on: 16 September 2010, 15:50 »
Is this the one you have a deposit on?

With the Audi dealer yes - money hasn't been taken; it was a holding deposit which meant I had first refusal

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #81 on: 16 September 2010, 16:01 »
Right some more of the story from Vaughan Motors who actually have the car on the forecourt!

He has a mate over at BMW Leamington Spa and was over there a few weeks ago.  It was mentioned to him that he has an Audi coming in and would he be interested (BMW as per most main brand dealers cannot retail off-brand cars).  It was mentioned that an Audi main dealer was interested but they dragged their heels.

Long and the short of it; Vaughan Motors bought the car from under the nose of the Audi dealers and I'm road tripping tomorrow to go view it  :smiley:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #82 on: 16 September 2010, 16:05 »
Right some more of the story from Vaughan Motors who actually have the car on the forecourt!

He has a mate over at BMW Leamington Spa and was over there a few weeks ago.  It was mentioned to him that he has an Audi coming in and would he be interested (BMW as per most main brand dealers cannot retail off-brand cars).  It was mentioned that an Audi main dealer was interested but they dragged their heels.

Long and the short of it; Vaughan Motors bought the car from under the nose of the Audi dealers and I'm road tripping tomorrow to go view it  :smiley:

So why could Audi not just explain this and apologise, perhaps offer you a discount on another car?? Instead they have been made to look like tits and will have lost a sale  :lipsrsealed:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #83 on: 16 September 2010, 16:07 »

sweet - and a grand less starting price to haggle from - do i get half  :tongue:

mini meet at tuneside satdee then if all goes well  :grin: mine can be mapped thru a lead apparently  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #84 on: 16 September 2010, 16:17 »

So why could Audi not just explain this and apologise, perhaps offer you a discount on another car?? Instead they have been made to look like tits and will have lost a sale  :lipsrsealed:

Your guess is as good as mine mate!!  :undecided:

sweet - and a grand less starting price to haggle from - do i get half  :tongue:

mini meet at tuneside satdee then if all goes well  :grin: mine can be mapped thru a lead apparently  :lipsrsealed:

Possibly on the meet front.  Fcuk all chance on the money saving front  :kiss:
« Last Edit: 16 September 2010, 16:21 by Rhyso »

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #85 on: 16 September 2010, 20:32 »
its like an episode of eastenders!!

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #86 on: 16 September 2010, 20:33 »
its like an episode of eastenders!!

oh i dont know - i was thinking sesame street  :grin:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #87 on: 17 September 2010, 09:54 »

rhyso has finally seen this car in the flesh.  albeit it at a different garage to the one he left deposit details with  :grin: :laugh:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #88 on: 17 September 2010, 10:30 »
whats the crack then?

leave a deposit? . . . . . . :rolleyes:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #89 on: 17 September 2010, 11:33 »
whats the crack then?

leave a deposit? . . . . . . :rolleyes:
give over, that doesn't happen till page 25!  cor some people are so impatient...  :grin: