Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2786031 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12150 on: 17 March 2022, 22:44 »
Cheers Willni, Exonian and SR :smiley: Such a relief, I really must try to keep on top of it.

Monday it goes in for it's third service, an MoT, brake fluid and diff oil change. Can't believe I've had it for over two years now, time sure flies! As much as I'd prefer a manual, having that engine is worth having to put up with a DSG. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade over my old PP.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #12151 on: 18 March 2022, 13:56 »
Finally fitted my new wheel with perforated leather from Royal Steering Wheels. Delays due to a wheel without DSG paddles being sent. After some instruction from willni it took me about an hour to fit. Keyless makes things a bit more awkward. I am pleased with the subtle mod. The wheel has a slightly thicker circumference and feels good to the touch. The standard of Royal’s work is excellent.

« Last Edit: 18 March 2022, 19:14 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #12152 on: 18 March 2022, 17:23 »
Finally fitted my new wheel with perforated leather from Royal Steering Wheels. Delays due to a wheel without DSG paddles being sent. After some instruction from willni it took me about an hour to fit. Keyless makes things a bit more awkward. I am pleased with the subtle mod. It’s slightly thicker in circumference but feels very nice in the hand. The standard of Royal’s work is excellent.

Looks great Ceefeesh!
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12153 on: 18 March 2022, 17:30 »
Found that someone has scraped along my bumper, taking the paint off along the top edge. About a 9 inch scrape. Nice one!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12154 on: 18 March 2022, 19:36 »
Reckon a smart repair would sort it sjw? Gutting when stuff like that happens.

Ceefeesh, the steering wheel looks superb.
I always thought the ‘wheel was a bit too thin on the mk7’s so that’s another plus point of the Royal item
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #12155 on: 18 March 2022, 20:20 »
Thanks Exonian. My CM Reifnitz never made it onto the car. I sold them and I believe they’re now on a Transporter. Still, I have a harmonic damper to fit and no doubt I’ll find something else needs done.  :grin:
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12156 on: 18 March 2022, 20:53 »
There’s always something needs doing!

Shame about the Reifnitz but onwards and upwards.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GTIreland

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12157 on: 20 March 2022, 04:01 »
Ok so last night i finally fixed a rattle in my passenger door in an unusual way. The rattle was coming from the shiny black fascia area around the handle, the bit that lights up basically. I noticed that if I pushed against it or the plastic panel it sat in then the rattle stopped.

I had tried fixing it in my usual manner of banging against it with my fist, but strangely this was only making it worse... So I had a brilliant idea. If I put something to the left of my glovebox area, you know the bit that you can pop where you'd expect to find the fuse box, then it would push against the door panel when it was closed and should in theory stop the rattle. Well a quick trip to halfrauds and a couple of adhesive door protectors later and low and behold it works perfectly. However they are ridiculously unsightly and do not blend in as they are clear and look stupid when I open the door, so I did a quick search and decided these would be perfect for the job: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fisual-Adhesive-Isolation-Pads-/150615853668?

Just fyi in case anyone has a rattle in their doors that they cant seem to get rid of, check the above and see if it stops. (may have to learn over while driving, so suggest a rather open road :smiley: )

Picture to go with my ramblings, no more rattle on both side :smiley:

Such a shame this post is buried in a long thread as it could make a lot of people happy, I know it had that effect on me!

After proving the concept in the front door jamb (went for 2 of 'em) I went mad had dotted these all over the place from the parcel shelf to rear door jamb.

Rattles over rough tarmac or vibrations from turning up my Dynaudio sound system are a thing of the past.

Cannot thank you enough :kiss:
2016 Mk7 GTI PP CSG Manual

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #12158 on: 20 March 2022, 09:53 »
Great find...
Which pads did you go for?
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #12159 on: 20 March 2022, 16:41 »
Also interested in this.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.