Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785773 times)

Offline IamLee

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11380 on: 24 May 2021, 11:58 »
Hello.

I’ve just had a detachable tow bar fitted. Car already had the bumper cut out so no surgery required. It’s a really neat solution, no evidence of it’s existence when the hook is removed and it’s coded in so the the rear sensors etc know when the vehicle is towing.

I would post some pictures but it’s raining (again)...
2019 7.5 PP DSG GTi Issac, graphite seville, pan roof, dynaudio, tints, camera, lane assist, keyless

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11381 on: 24 May 2021, 12:16 »
Watch out for ACC errors with a tow bar.... did your fitter recalibrate that?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline IamLee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11382 on: 24 May 2021, 12:25 »
Yeah he mentioned that was part of the coding but haven’t tested it yet!
2019 7.5 PP DSG GTi Issac, graphite seville, pan roof, dynaudio, tints, camera, lane assist, keyless

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11383 on: 24 May 2021, 12:26 »
Watch out for ACC errors with a tow bar.... did your fitter recalibrate that?

That's interesting Fred. I had a Westfalia detachable fitted almost a month ago and I had an 'ACC Unavailable' fault flash up temporarily the other day whilst out driving. The error cleared itself but it's logged as a fault when I check using OBDEleven.

You reckon it needs re-calibrating?
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11384 on: 24 May 2021, 12:30 »
As far as I am aware, Mk7's need an ACC adjustment for when you are fitting a tow bar.

My trusted towing outfit told me about that when I was chatting after buying my thule roofbox setup from them back in 2014.

I have no reason to doubt them.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11385 on: 24 May 2021, 12:45 »
That's interesting. I'll keep an eye on it and If I get another error I'll give them a call.
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11386 on: 24 May 2021, 16:39 »
Mine went in for it's second service today at 10800 miles. All okay, Pirelli tyres still got plenty of life (would like to change them but I'm too tight to bin them until they have dropped below 3mm) and are wearing very evenly. They didn't wash it as requested and also didn't try it on with the worn brakes con like some dealers!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #11387 on: 24 May 2021, 17:05 »
Hi all

Interesting to me that Watts has 2nd service at circa 10k. My GTI is similar to Sootchucker's in model year, colour, engine and gearbox but its nowhere near as clean/shiny. The car has 10.7k and it has had the annual oil changes carried out each year, the last in December with only about 1500 miles since. The car turns 3 years at the end of June and nominally is due a major service. I have a major service still on my service plan which I bought in the black Friday sale in November last year. Should I have it serviced then or am I obliged to? Thought please.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #11388 on: 24 May 2021, 17:08 »
Hi all

Interesting to me that Watts has 2nd service at circa 10k. My GTI is similar to Sootchucker's in model year, colour, engine and gearbox but its nowhere near as clean/shiny. The car has 10.7k and it has had the annual oil changes carried out each year, the last in December with only about 1500 miles since. The car turns 3 years at the end of June and nominally is due a major service. I have a major service still on my service plan which I bought in the black Friday sale in November last year. Should I have it serviced then or am I obliged to? Thought please.

In your position, I would  be tempted have the car serviced before the 3 year warranty is up, just in case they find anything that can be fixed under warranty.

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11389 on: 24 May 2021, 17:56 »
I agree it's an excellent idea to pop in for a service as near to the warranty expiration date, I had an issue that was covered under warranty and as it wasn't urgent or dangerous so I waited until as late as I could and took it in and VW carried out a through check and sent me a film of this they also found a broken water pump (common fault) and a couple of other issues all in all it was over 3 grands worth of stuff and they did it no problem at all. I don't know if they perform these checks for a service though but I was more than happy with how they treated me.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7